Chapter 11: Poor Jo

Marvel's POV >-------->

It's been one day since I've met Cassidy, and she's all that I've thought if since then. How her hair beautiful, long hair would look in the rain, in the bright sun, in the dark. And how her lips are just so perfectly pink and full.

God! I've really tried to think about Glimmer and how pretty she is but all I get is how full of herself she can be and how she would most likely choose nice clothes over me. And makeup. And shoes. Am I really important to her at all? I'm not sure if I love her anymore. I mean, I really hate myself for thinking about ditching someone and leaving them for someone else, but if I did leave Glimmer then she would be like, 'Alright, I've got better things to do. My life is too important to be distracted by my love life.' I think to myself, in a snotty voice.

My thoughts are interrupted by a scream. I bolt up from Finnick's couch in to basement and walk in the direction of where I heard a scream. Then I hear another scream, louder than the last and run up the stairs. The girls start crying and screaming by the gauge door. Then the rest if the boys come in from the basement.

"What's going on?" I ask walking over to to girls. They all point to Katniss on the phone next to a puddle of blood and Clove telling a really bloody Johanna its gonna be alright. "SHIT!!" I yell and Gale sprints over to Johanna once he sort of finds out what's going on.

"Kat, is it 911?" Peeta asks Katniss. She nods with tears streaming down her face. I really don't know what to do. Comfort the girls? It looks like they've got it going smoothly over there, and another person, who has no idea what to do wouldn't help, so I'm going with the girls.

I go up to the girls and Glimmer runs straight into my open arms. Then Annie slowly walks up to me and digs her head into my shoulder. Then Finnick comes and dives into Annie's hair, with tears in his eyes. " Please Jo.." Cato whispers from behind us. I bet we're all thinking the same.

"My parents are going to kill me. That blood stain isn't going to come out." Finnick says. We all look at and he comes out if Annie's hair. "Just trying to lighten the mood." He says shrugging. I sigh loudly. My tears finally start falling. And once they start they're rolling down my cheeks like Niagara Falls.

Frantic knocks on the door interrupt. "GET IT!!!" Gale shouts like a mad man. Cato rushes to the door and barley a second later the squad is putting Johanna onto a stretcher and pulling her away from us. "NOO!" Katniss screeches almost falling to the ground when she stood up. She runs after the ambulance but she's not fast enough.

Glimmer wiggles out of my reach, grabs a random pair if keys and rushes outside and frantically presses the unlock button to see which car's keys she grabbed. When Glimmer finds the right car, she jumps into it, with us at her heels and shoves the keys into the key thing and drives like 40 mph's in the neighborhood! We all would, I'm sure, but really that's fast for a neighborhood!

"Quick prayer!" Annie orders. "But I-" Cato starts. "Fuck up and pray!" Annie interrupts, intwining her fingers together and bowing her head. She leads a super fast prayer and then apologizes to Cato.

"So how did this happen?" Peeta asks, getting paler by the minute. "Well," Clove starts. "We told her to get more root beer from the garage and then we heard her scream so we went to see what was going on and we saw her all bloody. That's all we know we don't know who did this." She explains. Peeta nods sadly. "I saw the garage door going down when I got there." Kat adds still crying. Peeta starts rubbing her back.

We're at the hospital now. Lets hope for the best.
---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not updating in like decades! But I'm not sure if I like this chapter or not. I'm really proud of this book because apparently people like it according to how many reads and votes I have!! Anyways I feel like it didn't have as much dialog as I like. But I hoped you guys liked it! 🔥

May the odds be ever in your favor!

P.S. Go read Post Mockingjay: Out of the Ashes my my very good friend! Katnissmellark4!! Thanks!