The Gangster Fell For Me - chapter 1

I felt my legs burning, I was tired but I couldn't stop running, if I stop he'll catch me then God knows what he'll do to me.

I reached the forest, a place I know like the palm of my hand, I ran in a maze-like path untill I got to the oldest tree in the forest, climbed it and hid between the branches, I could hear the sound of his feet colliding with the rain stained floor, suddenly they stooped and i froze. Had he found me?

I heard a couple more steps then all I heard was the sound of the rain.

"Alli" I heard him shout, I don't how he could be so dangerous and give me a nickname. "I'm not gonna hurt you, Alli. I just wanna talk" Every word he said sent a shiver through my body, no wonder he always got what he wanted, he's a convincing liar a charmer may I add.

"Fine then we'll do it your way, I'll go but you'll regret this!" he snapped, I guess that means he's impatiant as well, not a surprise considering he's a gangster.

I listened to his footsteps go further and further untill I couldn't hear them anymore, I stayed on the tree for a while, when I felt safe I climbed down the tree and walked home, since he doesn't know where I live I should be safe.

I was giong up the stairs feeling more relaxed now that I'm almost home, when two muscular arms wrapped around me and slammed me against the wall.

I felt a sharp pain shoot through my back and shoulder, I was about to scream when a hand shot to my mouth and muffled my scream. That's when I saw a pair of green eyes stare at me and I knew he was aware of where I lived.

He had an amused smirk on his face "I told you you'll regret this" he stared at me in silence for a second his face turning serious "I'm gonna let go of you now, and we're gonna go to your apartment like normal people, if you scream I'll kill you" he was so calm like he was talking to a child, he stared at me for a second then he let me go and guided me up the stairs, to my surprise my aparment door was open, hwe walked in and he closed the door and locked it behind him then he got comfortable on the couch and patted the space beside him while locking his eyes with mine.

I knew I had to do as he says, Johnny was a man of his word, if he said he'd kill me he'd kill me so I couldn't try anything. I sat next to him and stared him right in the eye trying to look confident but I'm sure it was obvious I was nervous as hell.

"What do you want from me Johnny?" I asked wanting this over as soon as possible.

He raised his hand slowly and cupped my left cheek, he had a really sweet loving look on his face I actually felt safe, he really was good at what he does maybe that's how he fooled his victims.

"You know what I want, Alli" he said softly, then he leaned in and whispered in my ear "tell me what happened that night" he kissed my neck "who killed Carter?" he kissed my neck again "where did the drugs go?" he kissed my neck once more and ran his other hand up my arm to cup my other cheek and looked me in the eye "this is your last chance, or it will start to get ugly" he still had that warm loving smile on his face, he was a really good actor.

At this point I was so scared my hands started to shake, I swallowed hard and opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out, it took me a couple of minutes to form words and I found it weird Jhonny remained completely still. "I...can't...tell you" I managed to choke out and the next thing I knew I was laying on the couch a really angry Johnny ontop of me with his hands on my throat squeezing the life out of me "tell me" he said, his voice was calm like he wasn't trying to kill me "please let me go" I said, more likely choked "I can't tell you" his face expressions changed for a split second so I couldn’t catch them as they went back to that pocker face again then he asked "Why not?" when I didn't respond he loosened his death grip a little and repeated "why not?" but he almost shouted the second time.

 “Because you’ll sell the drugs” I said more confidently “and that’s wrong” I expected him to hit me or shout at me but instead he laughed, when he composed himself he looked me in the eye, his body pressed against mine, hands on each side of my face now.

“You’re too innocent for your own good you know that?” with each word his breath blew against my face. “Why don’t you want me to sell the drugs?” he had a really amused look on his face, then he got off of me and helped me up, taking my hand and guiding me to the kitchen without a word he put the kittle on.

There were a few moments of silence where I stood still, too scared to move. After he made coffee he gave me a mug and sipped his, when he was done he took mine and put the mugs in the sink.

I kept my distance from him the whole time, to my annoyance he noticed that “Why do you do that?”

“Do what?” I defended hopelessly knowing he’ll do what he wants no matter what I say.

He took a step towards me and I took one back “that” I mentally cursed myself, he took another step towards me and I kept backing up until I hit the wall, he trapped me, pressed his body to mine and put his hands on my hips, he leaned in and whispered in my ear “are you scared of me, Alli?” I was shaking with fear. I really needed to get him out of here. “Why would I be scared of you?” I whispered tears willing in my eyes “because I’m a gangster, a killer, a drug dealer…and some other things” he whispered slowly and I could hear the amusement in his voice, “if I tell you what I saw, would you leave me alone?” I asked actually considering it for the first time in weeks.

“Well,….if you asked me that question 3 weeks ago my answer would have been maybe…but now my answer is no I’ll never leave you alone……but I won’t hurt you” I couldn’t help it I started to cry. He’d never leave me alone; I can never have my life back.

“Why not?” I was sobbing at this point; I just lost everything I ever had in my life. “Why are you crying?” he sounded actually concerned he grabbed my hands and wrapped my arms around his waist and on instinct I hid my face in the crook of his neck.”I’m stuck. You would never leave me alone, what will you do to me?” I wailed and he chuckled. He was enjoying this. “I said I won’t hurt you, why are you scared?” he sounded hurt which only made me hate him more; he’s acting and enjoying himself while hurting me. “Relax I won’t hurt you, you’ll be fine, I promise” I wanted so bad to believe him but I knew he was saying that to get me to tell him what he wants to know.

He kissed below my ear and down my neck “you’re tired…you should get some sleep…we’ll talk tomorrow morning” he whispered between kisses.

He carried me and put me in bed, laid beside me and kissed my temple “Good night, Alli” he said and I saw him smile at me as I closed my eye lids and fell asleep.