- twentyfour

C H R I S

"Kelly!" I yelled as I opened my front door. "Hello to you too." She replies. "I need to talk to you."

"What's up?" She asked, skipping over to me. "We'd prefer it if you didn't tell Jack about Maya and I..." I explained. "Too late." She pierced her lips together and put her arms out in defence. "What?" I breathed and my heart was beating a thousand times quicker than it was before. I could feel my forehead get hotter and palms get sweatier.

"Chris relax, relax!" Kelly beamed as she shook my shoulders. I gave my sister a confused look as she spoke,"I didn't tell him, it was a joke, i'm sorry!"

"Oh for fuck sakes Kelly." I said in an annoyed manner. "Don't make anymore of your 'jokes' to me." I laugh.

*

"She made a joke out of it and I shat myself." Sitting down on the sofa next to my girlfriend while putting my head in my hands. Maya places her hand on my back and slightly makes figures of eight with her fingers. "Oh Chris." She says in awe.

"Are you laughing?" I shoot up and look at her lips slightly curving into the perfect smile. "No, no." She retorts and covers her mouth with her hand.

I grab her fragile hand and place it in my own. I lean in and slowly bring my lips to touch her own.

M A Y A

"Maya!" I suddenly hear a familiar voice echo within the entrance of the woods. "That sounds an awful lot like my brother?" I question.

My head turns to look at Chris who looked confused, yet petrified. I raced out of the treehouse and through the woods. Chris following suit.

"Where's my sister?" My brother asks Kelly who was looking as if she'd just been sick. "I-I dont know-"

"I'm right here, hi Jack." Chris and I snuck through the back door and met Kelly and my overprotective brother at the front. "Where's Chris?" He asks, looking suspicious. "Upstairs, playing fifa - as usual. Why?" Kelly asked. "Just wondered. Mum wants you back now." I nod and step out the door, hugging Kelly goodbye and shouted up to Chris also.

"I'm 19, you don't have to come and collect me." I state. "Don't shoot the messenger." Jack said and put his hands out in defence. I cuss under my breath and continue to walk home with my brother.

The silence wasn't comfortable between us. "Do you like Chris?" Jack spoke up. "How'd you mean?" I questioned. "Is he a friend or more?"
My pulse quickened talking about him. "He's a nice guy, yeah I like him."

Jack nodded unsurely and kept quiet, looking at the muddy ground. "What?" I ask. "I've seen the way you look at him, and the way he looks at you."

"And?" I say, trying to not make anything obvious. "You like him and he likes you," He said, clenching his fists.

I went to speak and he interrupted me, "Don't tell me you already have something going on, I swear to god I will go over there and-"

"Stop!" I scream at him. "What will you do? You can't do anything because he's done nothing wrong. You either man the fuck up or shut the fuck up." I made myself very clear as I spoke and turned around to back to Chris' house.

Tears streaming down my cheeks as I stepped away from him and turned on my heel.

I rang the doorbell to the Dixon's and revealed was Chris. "Whats wrong?" He asked with a tone as soon as he noticed the moisture on my face. "Jack." I announced as he eloped me in a bone crushing hug.