But life was all about adjustment and change, so Harry could only feed positive thoughts as he prepared for the move. He could either let this move make him pity himself, or he could thrive from the chaos that was about to be brought upon him. He still didn't know which one he was aiming for, but he would at least attempt to make his last year of school somewhat memorable.

It was the end of summer vacation. Anne and Robin had already cleared out their old house and moved everything into his. Harry decided to stay behind to finish his summer days with hanging out with his friends and his boyfriend. So on Harry's last summer night, before making the forty-minute drive up North, he met up with his group of friends.

They all got together at Reid's house. The group sat around a fire pit to drink and smoke, laughing into the summer night and enjoying their last few days of freedom before school took over. But on this summer night, Harry used it as a way to reflect back on his life at West Point. Mainly reflecting on his relationship with Reid now that there was going to be distance between them.

Harry thought Reid was once the epitome of a perfect boyfriend. He could remember exactly the day he first caught sight of him in the hallway. The first week of his second year at West Point, he noticed Reid gazing down at him from the other end of the hallway. His golden, brown eyes got Harry, especially since those eyes were looking at him in a way no one had ever before.Reid was everyone's dream boy. It was no hidden secret that half the school wanted him. It's what came with being the football team's captain and one of the most popular boys in school.

Reid was beautiful, or Harry used to think he was the most attractive before they ever really started to date. Reid's structure was decent enough, thanks to football. Still, sometimes Harry felt like he over-romanticized him before getting to know him. Because, well, Reid had relatively lovely biceps. Thick thighs from all the running he did in football. Firm ass, not the biggest one Harry had seen, but it would do. He was kind of pale. Harry would prefer someone with a little more color, but Reid's skin went with his shaggy blonde hair, so he had grown somewhat fond of it all.

Anyways, at the end of the summer, Reid would typically invite both his and Harry's friends to their get-together. Their friends consisted of a few football members and about half of the cheerleaders at West Point. Will, Brad, Alex, and Roy were the first-string starters alongside Reid, so he always hung around them the most. The cheerleaders, however, were more of Harry's crowd; Nadine, Cara, Kendall, and Gigi. As cliche as it sounded, it went with the jock and cheerleader stereotype. Harry had fallen under the cheerleader tag the most since he always stood in the stands.

But, Harry liked their group of friends and how well they mingled together. Their group combined was considered the popular ones at school. He never really cared for that term, but he knew they were. They always had a good time together, especially when it came to the annual fire pit at the end of summer.

The group decided to drink beer around the fire and cook up some smores as their final hoorah. Will and Brad were busying themselves by kicking a football around off to the side. Harry was snuggled up against Reid with his arm slung over him. He hummed softly at the comfort and rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder, smiling as he watched Reid bug Kendall and Alex over their incisive flirting.

Cara and Gigi were sitting on the other side of Kendall and Alex. The two of them giggled every time the other two would get flustered with one another. Soon enough, Cara and Gigi joined in on the teasing, making the conversation even more awkward by bringing in sexual remarks that made Kendall shy away.

Roy and Nadine had gotten up shortly when the bucket of beer was running low. Harry's eyes followed their movement as the two of them got up. In that moment, he realize he was really enjoying his time with his friends. He let out a sigh as he looked back over to Kendall and Alex, biting his smile back when Cara ended up pushing Alex off his chair.