Spread Your Angel Wings

• Didedikasikan kepada Owen, my bet friend, brother and partner in crime. RIP.

I see you in my waking mind. Your glory shines just like a star. 

Golden wings that you, our Angel, can now spread, forever, evermore,

You linger from the gound, not upon it just over it. 

You take hold of my hand and i see in your bue eyes that i have your strength. The strength to carry on.

Your wings get a little wider but you do not let go.

Those beautiful golden wings flash before my eyes.

Your words of wisdom written all over your face, a slient tear falls from my eyes.

Your slient wings beat a little faster as you slowly start to rise.

You smile at me but never faultier. I can see your compassion in your eyes.

Your wings beat just that little bit faster and i feel you slipping from my grasp.

You look down at me, your usual boots, checked shirt and jeans.

Your blue eyes carry the strength you taught me to have.

My tears start to fall fast as you fully extend your wings. You rise a little higher. 

Your finger tips are all i have let to hold on to.

You beat your wings a little harder and the wind around me picks up.

You smile at me as my tears turn to sobs. Part of me can't let you go.

You smile for me and I see your kindness and love shine through the eyes of your beautiful soul.

One last beat of your golden wings breaks my embrace that we can no longer share.

You rise into the on coming sunset, the light reflects in your golden wings.

The Raven files free, higher and higher you rise above me.

I see you go ever higher still, your back to me as you find bliss.

Our dearest Raven, you can now spread your Angel wings.

Written on the 20th of January 2012 in relfection upon the death of my eldest brother, Owen Raven.