Can you see it coming? Of course you can!

There was a car headed strait in my direction.

I'd heard a boy's voice yelling: "Look out!" and then next thing I knew, there was something really heavy and warm on top of me.

That heavy, warm something turned out to be Alex. He had thrown himself over my body to protect me. It does without saying that we were best friends from that day forward.

Uh, before you freak out: no, we were not hit. The car swerved in time. But if it hadn't I would have missed out on the bestest friend ever!

Okay, now back to what was going on at Alex's house.

"Yes it is too! You're the one who told Brittany and Whitney I was gay. Please, Andrea. I've got a date and I don't want to have to cancel just to tell some guy no."

"No way! Wait. What?"

He had a date? With whom?

"You heard me. Now, will you, please?"

I thought about it. Yeah, I had told the twins Alex was gay, but it was a joke. I hadn't expected them to take it so seriously and try to set him up on blind dates. My mistake. I guess I owed him one.

I sighed.

"Alright," I muttered. "But only because it's my-"

"Great!" Alex instantly perked up. He quickly ran from the room and returned momentarily, holding something out to me.

What the-?

I stared at him a moment him until it finally dawned on me what he was suggesting.

"No." I said firmly.

Alex smiled wickedly.

"You just said you would," he said in a sing-song voice.

"I did not say I'd do this!"

"You agreed to go on the date, and you cannot stand him up," Alex announced very matter-o-fact like. "According to the Double Devils, he's been depressed for quite a while and is on the verge of doing something incredibly stupid. You're a great actress! Plus, you're not that hot, you could pull off being a guy."

I gaped at him. Did he just say what I thought he said?

"One," I counted on my fingers, "You can't believe that everything the twins said is true. Two, I may be a great actress, but that's on stage, I'm not sure I could pull it off all up-close-and-personal. And, three," as I said this I gave him a death glare and poked him in the chest, "did you just say I'm 'not that hot'?"

Alex's eyes widened when he realized what he'd said.

"Um...no?" His Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed.

Pressing my nail into his chest, I hardened my look.

"What I meant was, you kinda look like a really feminine guy."

Oh no he didn't.

I raised a brow.

"I mean...you could...you know, with makeup and stuff..."

"Rash, Alex, too rash," I muttered, dropping my hand. There was no use fighting with him when we both knew who would win. That "who" being moi.

I may be a head-and-a-half shorter and much thinner, but I am somewhat muscular, and, with the right amount of force, I can topple him. I can also pack a pretty good punch.

"Nice save."

I exhaled through my nose and snatched the clothes out of my friend's hand.

"I'll probably need a haircut, or a wig," Musing over the costume I'd have to wear, I stretched out the clothes. They were definitely belonged to Ben, Alex's younger brother, and consisted of a t-shirt and jeans, both pretty baggy.