Chapter 2

The elevator ride seemed to take forever. Mr. Pletr told me to go down to floor 1 and get regestration forms and other paperwork for my training that was schedualed to start tomorrow. The bag that Mr. Pletr gave me was weighing down my  shoulder. I tried to shift it to my other arm, but I realized that it was much to heavy and I stumbled forward.

As I regained my balance, the elevator opened and I stepped inside. I looked at the buttons and say negative numbers. Out of curiosity I punched -9.

The elevator doors closed and sped down to -9. I was very surprised when I saw clean white floors, and crisp blue walls. It looked like a hotel, except for the fact that there was a small handgun on the floor beside one of the doors. I looked at it and wondered why it was there. I decided that it was best to leave it alone. I lost my train of thought when the elevator doors beeped and opened to reveal a beautiful young girl. She looked about a year younger than I was, with brown hair and piercing green eyes that looked like grass on a summer day. I caught myself staring and put my head down and walked quickly to the elevator.

"Hey, you're new here, aren't you?" the girl said with eyeing the bag I was carrying.

"Ya, I pushed the wrong button on the elevator", I explained to her, "I'm Theodore."

"Sure you did, it's okay if you you wanted to explore a little, I'm Macy."

"Cool, so I'll see you around?"

"Probably, I'm starting training tomorrow too, so we might be partners," Macy shrugged. She turned away before I got the chance to ask her about training.

I stood there for a couple of seconds before I walked over to the elevator. I pushed the number , still surprised that this building went underground. It seemed a little odd that so many people were here, but maybe not all of the floors were for agent rooms. There had to be more than one training area for all of these agents.

***

I rode up to the first floor and was confused when I saw a small room. The walls were painted in the same blue as floor -32, and there wasn't much furniture. Just a desk and two small chairs. The carpet was a different colour though, it was a green that looked as though it had been puked on. I looked more carefully and was relieved to see that it was carpet.

I walked over to the chairs and put my bag on one of them. I was relieved when the weight came off of my back and shoulder. I called to see if there was anyone her, and then a door that I did not see opened and a tall man stepped through and glanced at me. I smiled, but he just kept glaring.

"I came down her to get paperwork," I told the man, "I'm Theodore Spaire."

The man said nothing, but he walked over to the desk and picked up some papers and handed them to me. I put them into my bag, which made it even heavier.

"Thanks," I said, not expecting a reply. I headed over to the elevator and went up to floor 15. I realized that I had no clue which room I was in. I walked out and looked at the doors, no numbers or patternes or scans or anything. Kayne was nowhere to be seen, so I had to figure this out on my own. I dropped the bag and looked in it for keys of some sort. I found a manual and opened it to find a thin piece of yellow paper. I didn't see any writing on it, but figured that it had some kind of value so I placed on the wood floor.

In the manual I flipped to the section marked, HELP. I read under the column that said LOST? It told me to use the phone found in my room to call the main office. It posed no answers to my questions. I picked up the piece of paper and flipped it around in my hands. I held it over my head and saw a faint outline of something. I put it closer to the light that was one the ceiling and saw the words: 5th on the right, 3 kn then 7.