fourteen ; pompous ass

KLAUS started by clanging his glass with his fork, causing all eyes that weren't already on him to turn to him, "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift—immortality."

Emery was currently placed at far end of the table opposite Klaus with 7 other vampires and Hayley. Aforementioned werewolf was sat on Emery's left, specially put in case any vampire tried something.

Sat improperly, she had her back to one side of the armrest and her feet hanging over the other, eyes on Klaus though playing with a bracelet on her wrist.

"After 1,000 years, one might expect for life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrow to diminish with time, but as vampires—" a cough was heard from the far end of the table, "as immortals, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine—" Klaus stopped to signal forth a team of waiters that were carrying no food, rather storing it inside them.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." the team of waiters slit both of their wrists horizontally before turning them to fill up a vampire's plate. "Our victories, and our defeats."

"Or, in my case, victories," Emery smirked, twirling a knife she had picked up when the waiters did.

Klaus raised his glass with a grin, "To my city, my home again. May the blood ever cease to flow."

"And the party never end," Marcel conceded, picking up his own glass.

"That's more like it," Emery cheered, raising her own glass into the air. Champagne wasn't her favorite thing in the world, but it was elegant and classy enough for most dinner parties, so she had to get used to it.

"To New Orleans," a curly-haired male vampire, who Emery didn't bother learning the name of, raised his glass as well.

"To New Orleans," was heard around the table was heard around the table by everyone except for Hayley and Emery.

Hayley, well, she had her own reasons. Emery, now, she was more than ready to let the own city burn to the ground, courtesy of her, and every vampire could burn with it.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No," Klaus soothed, "my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have, what Marcel, in fact, took...and built into this—a true community of vampires."

"What about them, the wolf and your bloodthirsty little mate?" Curly-hair spoke, pointing towards Hayley and Emery.

Being downgraded as anyone's little mate, in the least, made Emery furious. With a flick of her hand, she had conjured a stake, and sent it flying right below the boy's heart.

It struck gold, as the vampire seized in pain, and others stared at her. "If anyone else wants to refer to me by another other name than Emery, I'll gladly cut your head off."

"Had you let me finish, Diego," so that was his name. Klaus continued his speech with a brighter grin than before, positively pleased to see the change in Emery's behavior, "you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address."

Diego finally managed to get the stake out, throwing it on the ground and avoiding all eye contact with Emery.

"As I assume you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. As for Emery, she is more like myself than it appears. A powerful being that isn't going anywhere for awhile, and will stand by my side, much like a Queen, as equal rulers. Though it'll be much easier to piss this one off. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child," Klaus placed his hand in Hayley's shoulder, clearly making her uncomfortable, "to create hybrids. I assure you, I do not."