“Together, my muggle-born mother and pureblood father and I, the halfblood Malfoy, have brought the Malfoy name to higher standards, standing alongside the Potters and Weasleys and Zabinis and so many other families as a beacon of strength and righteousness for the wizarding world. Together, we’ve passed many laws outlawing muggle-baiting and hunting of any kind. We’ve erected rights for elves, goblins, and giants. We’ve brought equality to the centaurs and to many other of the magical beings that coexist with us. But, do you want to know the best part?” If he had been merely on the verge of death instead of almost to the bottom of the abyss, Lucius’ cheeks would have been deeply red in colour, his eyes sparking with fury that was unspeakable.

“The best part is that no one will remember you. You will soon be forgotten. In twenty years, possibly even ten.” Lucius twitches his body once more, his mouth opening, slack-jawed.

“I…made…you…” He rasps. Scorpius throws his head back and laughs richly. It felt so good to take the revenge upon the man who had ruined so many of his loved one’s lives.

“My father and mother made me. You merely provided the sperm for my father to be born. Nothing more.” He stops as unbearable screaming breaks through his vengeance.

His eyes lock on the opposite cell, where the broken body of Alecto Carrow lies on the floor, spasming feebly and pathetically, crimson foam bubbling from her mouth and nose, her eyes trickling blood as well as her ears. Savannah was leaning against the bars of the cell, waving a picture before her and appearing casual and unaffected.

“Please!” Alecto’s voice was nothing more than a high-pitched whistle. It was easily seen that her bones were all mostly broken. Bits of bone stuck out from her legs and arms, her chest was greatly deformed where her ribs had cracked, her shoulders and hips twisted where they hung loosely.

“I recall my mother and father saying that to you as you tortured them. What did you do?” Savannah’s voice was deep and almost echoes around the room.

“Please, please!” It seemed as if it was the only word Alecto knew. Savannah’s fists were clenched at her sides.

“That’s right! They begged and pleaded. And you only aimed your wand at them once more. How does it feel Alecto?” Savannah almost shouts. Alecto’s body rises off the ground in a series of spasms.

“Miss Merlin” Ernie MacMillan moves forward, but pauses as Savannah looks his way, eyes purple.

“No one harms the line of Merlin without dire consequences.” Her voice echoes and she turns back, twisting her hand and throwing it forward. Alecto is thrust upright against the wall, writhing against the cold stone.

“Burn in Hell.” She snarls, crunching her fingers together in a painful looking fist. Alecto screams one last time as her body bends in half, the spine finally snapping. The crack ricochets around the room for almost a minute after the body crumples to the floor.

Scorpius rips his eyes from the sight, feeling ill. He turns to Lucius, ready to say his final words.

“I came here to watch a monster die. That is you. You will never be able to hurt her again. You have paid and will continue to pay for the disgusting things you did to her and her parents and I relish in the agony you have endured.” He growls lowly. His grandfather pulls apart his lips, the scant amount of skin left of them splitting and leaking nearly black blood.

“The Curse…shall touc…h yo…u a….s…well.” He stammers. Scorpius furrows his brow and takes a step forward.

“What do you mean? What curse?”

“A Malfoy….is al…ways…betray…ed. Who…is…yo…ur…rea…l…fath…er?” Scorpius’ mouth drops open in shock.

“What?” Lucius only closes his mouth and looks past Scorpius’ shoulder. He turns his head to find Savannah at the entry way, staring at Lucius with hate-filled eyes. Her hood was down and her hands were tightly clenched.