The Case for Personalized Medicine: Future of Health Care

A growing contingent of researchers, some healthcare clinicians, and an increasing number of patients are calling for a more personalized approach aimed as much at preventing disease as it is at tailoring treatment once it's there. You can call it as personalized medicine, genomic medicine or precision medicine. It's an approach that emphasizes the ways in which your disease risks are unique and different, just like your other, more obvious characteristics. Personalized medicine is an extension of traditional approaches to understanding and treating illness. Since the beginning of the study of medicine, physicians have employed evidence found through observation to make a diagnosis or to prescribe treatment. In the past, this was presumably tailored to each individual, but personalized medicine makes treatment more specific.

Having a genetic map or a profile of a patient's genetic variation can then guide the selection of drugs or treatment processes. This can be used to minimize side effects or to create a strategy for a more successful outcome from the medical treatment. Helping the physician cover all the bases is imperative. The ability to profile how genes are put together in sequence and expression level is helping to redefine the ways in which medical professionals classify diseases and discover treatments, allowing physicians to go beyond the "one size fits all" model that may be ineffective or have undesirable side effects. Not only for cancers, personalized medicine also made progress for other chronic diseases.

DiponEd BioIntelligence is a predictive-, preventive-, participatory-, and personalized- medicine (P4M) company. We, as DiponEd works as a technology support partner, with a focus on developing intelligent solutions- services and products to serve no-option medical conditions and unmet healthcare needs, through a personalised approach. DiponEd current Personalized Medicine focus includes-- genetic predispositions, mutation detection, cancer integrated therapies, pharmacogenomics based drug response tests, antiaging, stem cells transplantations in blood related disorders, biomaterials, ear auricular etc 3D reconstructions, orthotics, radiation and chemo protection and personalization, skin and hair treatments, infertility and other health care products. Personalized medicine, because it is based on each patient's unique genetic makeup, is beginning to overcome the limitations of traditional medicine. Some of these advantages are:

§ To detect diseases earlier and at a more treatable stage.

§ Helps to identify genetic causes of diseases that were previously unknown

Eliminate trial-and-error inefficiencies that inflate health care costs and undermine patient care. Shift the focus to prevention rather than treatment of disease and also streamline drug development.

With personalized medicine, we intend to select the best treatment protocol or even, in many cases, avoid passing the expense and risks of unnecessary medical treatments on to the patient altogether. Also, personalized medicine, when used correctly, aims to guide tests that detect variation in the way individual patients metabolize various pharmaceuticals. We, through Personalized medicine are working to help determine the right dose for a patient, helping to avoid hazards based on familial history, environmental influences, and genetic variation.