First off...

He looked at me, I looked back at him. Warmth flushed in my cheeks, and spread down my neck to my, down my arms, into my fingertips. I was overwhelmed with wonder. It was never felt before. What d'you expect, I was too young to know what'd come out of emotions like this.

'Look away! It's nothing! He wasn't looking at you on purpose.'
I turned my attention back to Mr. Luperini. Trying to hide my red face. Luckily he moved his attention as well.

I released a sigh, a long breath I wasn't aware I was holding. 'What the heck was that?!'

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Yes, finally get me out of here. It's too hot. My breath is caught in my throat. I packed up and was the first one out the door. Uinise [pronounced: ween-sEH] came after me, "Hey, why'd you leave so fast?"

Uhm... "Oh! I just had to f-find my next class that's all." That's not all. But she doesn't need to know that.

Next class was a block class with Ms. Rossi, English and History. She was nice and pretty chill. I looked around and saw one familiar dude, chubby, and looked Tongan [a Polynesian island race] like me. I just had Mr. Luperini with him.

Ms. Rossi passed out a half sheet that had questions like 'what's your full name?' or 'do you have a twin?' or 'what's your ethnicity/race?'. The familiar dude was the fourth person I'd approach. His name was Tane and he doesn't have a twin, but has younger siblings, and is full Tongan like me. Cool.

After fifth period was lunch. We all rushed around the back of the corridor, to the line. In front of me these two were talking. A short Latino boy with thick eyebrows, and another Poly girl a little taller and a lot thinner than me, with thick glasses and a thin but noticeable mustache. She's talking hella loud, and it's kinda obnoxious but I can't blame her it's probably normal for her to talk that loud.
"This line is taking hella long." She said impatiently.
"I know right." I scrunched my face in agreement.
"I'm Elenoa, what's your name?" the Latino boy between us shifted his attention to me. I kept my attention on Elenoa.
"I'm Heilala. What high school are y'all going to?" I asked, concerned for her answer—I had to admit, I didn't want to be stuck with her for 7 full years.
He says, "I'm goin' to Aragon."
She says, "I'm going to San Mateo."
Ah man. I'm goin to the same high school with her too?
"Me too!" I said masking my disappointment with fake excitement. With this rowdy girl, it's gonna be a long three years at Bayside Middle School.

As soon as I got my food I was on the lookout for Starr. She never left my side since my first day of fourth grade. Now it's the first day of middle school and she's already got a full table of brown girls? I head toward her and take my seat next to her. This table was full of people I found familiar. I've seen like six of 'em from church functions and I kinda was intimidated. They sounded hella ratchet.

Turns out those are all the Tongan kids. And Starr was cool with them before I was, why? Idk. But she got along with the pretty well. I guess I get it, because we just came from an elementary school and I was her Best friend and I was like the only Poly girl in our grade, so it makes sense why she'd get along with them too.

I met Polina; she's the one that kinda looks like me only like 6 shades lighter than my skin tone. Kalo, who is first cousins with Isabel: a very rowdy girl. Akanesi, who is so big, she's like 5'10" and only 11. Elenoa who I'd just met in the lunch line. Nala who I've met in homework club in elementary. Nana who was like, the only other person I know because we go to church together. And Uinise who Nana introduced me to when we had 1st period science with Mr. Brunner and 2nd period math with Ms. Scannell. They're all so pretty and outgoing and have so much character. And since everyone is more social than I am shy, I just sat there awkwardly.

I really hope this isn't how the rest of middle school will feel.

A/N: so like this is my first "story".  It is about me. I started writing it kinda just because I wanna live through it again. Idk. All I can say is that the story will get better as you read it. You know, if anyone like anyone wants to. I hope you like it.