<m3ment0mori21.dmg>

Start from the beginning

"She's been erased from history, just like Tyrell was. No one remembers her. No one talks about her. It's like she never existed. That's why I can't leave."

But Angela isn't scared of being forgotten- it's being killed for leaving the company. I finish my drink.

"Sooner or later, they will find out you placed the malware on Tyrell's computer," I say, getting up from my seat. I leave the bar without saying goodbye, knowing that what I know now is all I will ever know about Evil Corp. Angela won't tell me anything else. She's become one of them.

Dawn was right. She won't last long at Evil Corp because eventually, their new CTO will realise it was Angela who booted the malware from Tyrell Wellick's work CPU.

***

I remember now.

The Evil Corp logo shines brightly in the darkness of the night. I'm standing in front of the Evil Corp offices, my backpack strapped to my shoulders. I pull my hood over my head so the cameras don't catch my face. Mr Robot is standing next to me in his stained army pants and grey baseball cap.

It's time.

I walk towards the building, my hands in my pockets. I need to enter smoothly. Their cameras are all on. I hide behind one of the main pillars, next to the entrance, before I whip out my laptop.

I turn it on, waiting for the loading screen. I check my surroundings to make sure no one is around. The cameras will all be shut down once I get into the system.

Once I get into the system, I have full control. I always know how to hack whoever I want.

Within a few minutes, I hear the gentle click of the front doors. I've deactivated the cameras in the whole building now. I check the message I received an hour ago, the words still fresh in my mind.

Come find me. Evil Corp Headquarters at 3 A.M. Rooftop. You know the drill.

The drill. What drill? I tried to trace the location of the text by looking at the GPS system, but clearly the sender was smarter than that. By using a CrackSim program, you can get access to anyone's sim card, meaning that finding the location of the text is impossible- like using half a dozen VPNs to hide an IP address.

I enter through the main doors, Mr Robot behind me. My eyes scan the elegant-looking reception where just a few hours ago, people would be leaving their offices after a long day at work.

I head up the stairs as the elevator isn't working, making my way up the 70 floors on foot. I can feel my breaths become less and less even the higher I go, but I can't let pain get the better of me. Not when I don't know who's waiting for me at the top of the building.

I open the door that takes me to the rooftop, the cold wind hitting me immediately. I shiver, my hood still over my face. My eyes focus on a shape in front of me, my eyes widening when I see a familiar face.

Tyrell Wellick. Vice CTO of Evil Corp. Terry Colby's right-hand man. I remember I met him two months ago, the day Angela was fired.

"I know everything," Tyrell says, throwing his hands up in surrender. "Everything."

What the?

Tyrell laughs, flipping the hood off my face with his finger. "Of course, I thought you were a few steps ahead of me. I guess you're not as smart as everyone says."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ah, Elliot. I don't think you realise who I am."

I stare at him. Tyrell laughs again.