Mission Express

MARIA'S POV

"Tyler.. Tyler wait" I said rushing after him. He was walking very fast ignoring and banging into people around him.

"Tyler I really want to tell you something about Clara" I screamed trying to make him stop and grab his attention. Guess what? It worked and he stopped abruptly. Doing a small happy dance I rushed in his direction.

"What is it Maria?" he asked devoid of any emotion. It really did hurt to see him like this. Hurt but angry at the same time.

"Why did u run out of the parlour like that? And don't even try saying you remembered some work or any other stupid excuse. I want the truth and only the truth" I demanded.

"It's nothing reall.." he stopped looking at the death glare I was giving him and sighed. 'Finally' I thought.

TYLER'S POV

Maria was adamant on wanting to know what happened to me suddenly in the parlour. The truth is I don't know myself. Seeing Clara talk so sweetly with that Jack guy triggered some points within me. I suddenly developed some kind of hatred towards him. Why? Well it's beyond my knowledge as well. Maybe because I wanted all the attention he was getting from Clara. But shouldn't it be the other way round? Girls asking for my attention and not me. This is something that angered me more.

"It was because of Jack, wasn't it?" she asked after my long silence. Damn this girl was really smart and fast. Not trusting my words I simply nodded.

"I.. I don't know what exactly happened back there.. but I was not happy with the amount of attention he was getting from Clara.. They way he made her smile and blush and to know I wasn't the reason behind any of it. I think I am going crazy. I mean common we have just met and I am already having problems with her friends or more specifically that Jack" I explained or at least tried.

When I finally finished this long ass explanation of mine I saw Maria smirking in my direction. Why was she smirking?

"Why are u smirking?" I asked her.

"Nothing I got the answer I wanted" she said shaking her head. What answer? Uhh why are girls soo confusing.

"Anyways being the awesome friend I am, I'll help you understand what exactly is happening with you and for that you have to help me plan Stella's birthday party which will be a surprise and held at Clara's house day after tomorrow" she said.

How is helping in a birthday party going to help me is beyond my knowledge but I did not even have any other option, did I? Also going to Clara's place is something that caught my attention. Maybe I can try my charm on her and then even she will beg for my attention right? Yeah that's what will happen. But what if that idiot of Jack will be there? She won't even look at me with him stuck to her side 24/7. The mere thought boiled my anger.

"And don't worry Jack won't be there helping us as he has some work to finish off so he will come directly at the party" she said reading my thoughts. Is she a magician or something? Well never mind my work is done.

"Okay I'll be there just text me the place and time beforehand." I said to which she happily nodded.

Here goes nothing.

Clara's POV

"Alex can I talk to you for a second?" I asked while Jack was busy eating his ice cream. He was lost in his own world and hence couldn't hear me.

"Alex.. Alex" I tried increasing my volume which seemed to have brought him out of his daze.

"Huh? Yeah.. what?" he asked suddenly aware of his surroundings.

"Can we talk for a second please?" I asked again to which he merely nodded and got up. After excusing myself from Stella who had her whole focus on Ryan's ice cream and Jack who was busy in his phone I went after Alex. He was standing looking sad and angry.

"You like Maria, don't you?" I asked direct to the point. To say he was shocked would be an understatement.

"What? No no.. what are you talking abou.." he tried but i cut him off.

"You do Alex and I don't understand why are you denying it? It is pretty clear by the way you look at her and you guys would make a very cute pair. Also you guys are around each other every hour of the day. She says you are her closest friend. What else do you need?" I asked. He sighed.

"See Clara that is the thing.. we are together always but all we do is have petty arguments. I love her Clara I really do but all she thinks about me is her best friend. It gets really frustrating at times. I argue with her just so I have her complete attention. Also she never notices the way I look at her nor she ever will. And now I think she is into Tyler." He said dejected.

Listening to the last statement I felt something crush inside me. Like it was torn apart and crushed into small pieces. But I don't think it is true. No it can't be true. Also I will help Alex confess his feelings for her.

"Alex we have a mission to complete on Stella's birthday" I said. "Mission express your feelings"

"And don't worry I will look after it myself.. Maria will be your girlfriend I promise" I said. Alex's smile was so huge that I felt overwhelmed and hugged him.

"Thank you Clara, thanks a lot" he whispered.