Chapter 21 Edited

Lucas's POV

I don't know what time I had fallen asleep last night. I woke up with a huge headache and thoughts of yesterday morning came to mind and how Morgan had sat there and listened to me go on about my problems. I'm glad to know I have a friend in the castle. A friend. Something I haven't had since I was little kid but could I even consider Morgan my friend? Memories of my past flooded in my mind causing a stray tear to fall from my cheek.

Flashback

"But Mimi we've been friends for three years", I said.

At the time I was ten and she just turned nine a few days ago. Now she's moving away to Norway.

"I'm sorry Lucas I have to go. It's not my choice", she said.

"Promise you'll come visit?", I asked.

"Swear on my life", she replied.

I gave her one final hug before her parents told her it's time to go. Then a month later I was told she died in a car crash. I mourned for a long time. It took me until I was eleven to accept the fact she was gone forever. After that I never had another friend.

End of flashback.

I slowly got out of bed and walked over to my window where I could see the people starting their day. Out of nowhere I heard a scream and began to pray it wasn't Morgan. I rushed to her room and saw that Amity and Michael had Morgan trapped in a corner. Michael must've noticed my presence because he turned to look at me.

"Ah dear brother I was hoping you'd come see what the commotion was about", he said.

"Let her go", I growled.

Michael just snickered.

"Why would we? I heard her blood is delicious and I just have to have her for myself", he said with a smirk.

Amity grabbed Morgan's throat and held it tightly to a point where she began to turn blue.

"Amity let her go!", I yelled.

"Lucas", Morgan said faintly looking like she was about to pass out from the lack of oxygen.

"AMITY!", I yelled once more.

"Fine. You want me to let her go? Then let I will", Amity said.

She literally dropped Morgan to the ground and Morgan held her throat coughing dryly. I rushed to her side to see if anything was damaged. How could I have let this happen? Amity stood by Michael and looked at me with disgust.

"See I told you. He really does care for this human and it's disgusting isn't it? Don't you think he deserves someone worthy of his time?", Amity asked.

"He does. What about that Kara girl? Wouldn't they make a lovely couple?", Michael asked.

"They would wouldn't they? To bad he has feelings for his pathetic human. Well it's not like he has a choice but to marry Kara. Mother spent all that time preparing your wedding. You wouldn't want all her hard work to go to waste. Plus Kara has to travel a long way. We wouldn't want her to have wasted her precious time coming here for nothing", Amity said glaring at us.

"Perhaps we can just tell Kara the wedding is off and let her take it out on Morgan. Or Lucas can just put on his big boy crown and suck it up", Michael said.

I looked down at Morgan's body. Her chest was slowly rising and falling. I can't keep putting her danger like this. I just have to deal with the marriage until I figure something. I'm sorry Morgan. I stood up and walked over to my siblings.

"You know what you're right. Kara is more worthy of my time. In fact let's go. I have a ball to prepare for", I said.

They looked at me in shock but simply nodded and followed me out the room. I jus hope Morgan will forgive me...

Morgan's POV

What just happened? Did Lucas really just agree with Michael and Amity? Did he really just leave me alone? I crawled into the bathroom and pulled myself up using the sink and splashed some water on my face and looked around me. I noticed a set of flat irons, curlers, and three makeup bags. Those weren't there last night or I just didn't notice. Must be so I can get ready for the ball later. But I'm going for sure. If Lucas wants Kara then he can have her for all I care. It's time I show him he made a big mistake...

************************************

I woke up a few hours later not realizing I had fallen asleep. The sun had already set and it was almost six. I have only an hour to get ready. I jumped out of bed and showered for about fifteen minutes making sure I smelled like vanilla and cinnamon. Once I got out I put on some moisturizer and wrapped my hair up in a towel. I walked over my closet and pulled out the dress and set it on the bed. There has got to be a way for me to dress for this ball without Lucas recognizing me. I went back in the closet and found a black dress that went at least to the my ankles. I also found some black flats. It's weird how all of this in the closet and I never noticed. I walked into the bathroom and applied some light makeup but the lipstick was pretty dark. Once my makeup was done I curled my hair a little bit and when I was done I was satisfied with the results.

 Once my makeup was done I curled my hair a little bit and when I was done I was satisfied with the results

Once I was done I carefully slipped on my dress and shoes. I went back in the closet and found a mask with a string around it. Perfect. Hopefully I won't be the only one wearing a mask. Once I was officially done I made my way to the ballroom...