Chapter five

I woke up in a fright, sweat covering me head to toe. My nighmare had been so vivid last night. But the truth was, I was about to completely replay that dream. Today. My last day.

It was pleasant outside, not much to look at. A few clouds surrounding the sun, but it was perfectly lit for a nice walk on the beach, not a war zone..

Marina came up to me, making me jump. She apoligized with a simple expression, then she took my hand. We walked lightly on our feet to the other camp. Oh god.

My eyes adjusted to the brightness up on the hill. I looked up, and Cassidy held out a shotgun for me. I weakly accepted, and then Jacob came up to me with a sharp, pointy stick of some kind. He knew I liked pointy sticks. Ha. Well, if I were going to do this, I was going to do it right. Pointy sticks would definatly lighten my mood. 

Glancing over, I noticed that I was now covered in a faded teal bulletproof vest and some kind of funny looking silver shield strapped to my arm. I looked more like a Spartan than a thirteen year old girl. Bridget bumped into me, and giggled as she showed me her own armor. Her vest was olive green. That's her favorite color! And then I started to look around, seeing Kayla in a deep purple vest Marina in a cute light pink, and Warren in a startling fusha. :o

I froze. Somewhere behind me, a piercing scream echoed through the clearing. I wipped around to find Cassidy, all attention on her.

"Okay, to start, I'll lead you guys down to the school. You go and sort out to different classes - preferably your own teachers - and slaughter everyone in there." I heard sounds of discust come from around me as she continued with a snicker, "Once you finish up every last student and teacher, place the bombs I'll give you in each classroom. I'll take care of Mr. Lea later. And then, we all retreat and Rodger gets to have his own moment to blow up the school."

"She's insane. We'll never do it." Bridget uttered quietly to me, and I couldn't help but agree.