Chapter III

10:38PM.

Saika Scarletsky. Reina Fleurblanc's personal maid—A loyal servant who's willing to risk her life for her master. She was currently investigating the bamboo forest where the last night's murder scene happened, at her master's command. However, there was nothing there but the stalks of bamboo swaying gently against a soft breeze. No sign of blood anywhere.

The area is clean unlike the one her master described

The area is clean unlike the one her master described. Her master would not lie to her, she thought, so that was out of the question. There's only one conclusion she could come up: the evidence was erased. Someone cleaned all the blood that's supposed to be there. The question is... How? Cleaning such a mess could take a lot of time, and even then there'd be faint traces of it in the bushes or perhaps under the leaves on the forest floor. There'd also be signs that someone went there to finish the job, but it was as if no murders happened in the entire area in the first place.

"It must be that..."

*~~~~~~*

10:28PM

"You must have seen something unpleasant. I'm really sorry."

Senri-san bowed her head asking me for forgiveness. I honestly didn't know how to respond. Why was she apologizing? More importantly, with the "murderer" standing right in front of me, am I about to be killed for meddling with things I'm not supposed to be involved with? I never thought Senri-san and Satou-san are related at all. This never occurred to me. But since Senri-san is here with her... I'm hoping there'd be a way out of this.

"I... saw something I shouldn't have, right?" I asked her straight away.

"Quite."

"So I'm a dead man?"

"Huh? Wait a minute, Takehaya-kun. You must be misunderstanding something. Please let me explain it to you."

"Please do." Though a drop of sweat trickled on the side of my face, I tried to remain calm. Even if Tsubame acted like that to me moments ago, I have my full trust on Senri-san

"First of all, if you're thinking that a murder has occurred, nothing like that seem to have happened. And just because you saw something like that doesn't mean your life is in danger."