Chapter 6: Progression

Start from the beginning

Killian's P.O.V:

I wake up for the second time to the feeling of empty arms, but this time, Emma sits with the kids playing the board-game Sorry. I'll never understand that title, it's not like anyone in their right mind is actually sorry if they're bloody winning. I watch as she strategically moves pieces so that the kids will win, smiling at them when they cheer in victory.

"Good job Henry!" Emma says out loud, holding her son proudly. He looks up at her with a grin, clearly thrilled that she's started to speak. She must have told them already.

"Well if it isn't my favorite student," I joke to Emma, sitting beside her. She blushes, her laughter filling the room, only further proving her radiance.

"I am trying," she says simply and slowly.

"You're doing wonderful love. Soon you'll be speaking with ease," I tell her, pressing my lips gently to hers, making sure to keep it short for the kids, although we both want more.

So I was thinking I might stay in some kind of motel or something with Henry. I don't want to be a bother to you and Molly any longer than we have to, so I looked at a bunch this morning, and I found something affordable. I'm gonna try to get it. I need to make a trip to TJ Max to get Henry some new clothes and stuff, but I'll be out of here in no time, I promise. The rest of the weekend, maybe Tuesday tops, Emma signs, flipping back to her comfort zone.

"Emma you're not a burden. You can stay as long as you need until you can afford a real house, I told you. Forget a crummy motel, just stay here," I emphasize.

As lovely as that sounds, I can't do that to you and Molly. It will break your routine, mess up everything for you guys. I just feel bad about it. You're so wonderful and kind to me, and I have literally no way to repay you. I would just feel better if I wasn't... how do I say it, in debt to you I guess. Let me do this, Emma signs, an earnest look on her face. I sigh sadly, pasting a little smile onto my face.

"Alright love, if that's what you want," I tell her.

"Thank you," she answers out loud, smiling.

"Are you going to keep confusing the bloody hell out of everyone, flipping between speech and signing, Swan?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

"Maybe," Maybe not, she signs and says purposely.

"Very well," I say chuckling. "What do you say we take a trip to the mall, get you and Henry your things, maybe eat at the foodcourt? And then we can take a look at that motel."

Sounds good to me. Let me just get dressed- oh wait. Gosh, uh lemme get my clothes from yesterday," Emma says with a sigh.

"Hey," I say, taking her hand. "Together."

"Together," she repeats with a faint smile before going to change.

2 months later, Sunday, November 13. Killian's P.O.V:

Emma and I have been together nearly three months now, and we couldn't be happier. Although I wish she hadn't moved into that motel. It's strange because a lot of the time she and Henry spend nights at my place anyways, and I wish it were like that every day. I love her, I know it, and I want to tell her. I just don't know if she's ready.
Thanks to Emma, Molly has become a lot more social. She's made a lot more friends and has started to come out of her comfort zone. She's discovered a certain passion for drawing, and for a six year old, she's quite good at it.
Not only that, but my music has picked up. Having Emma around with Molly has made it a lot easier to compose. And while I still refuse to go on tour, I have done a few concerts with the band here in New York. It seems that since the moment Emma walked into my life, things have only gotten better.
Emma speaks very well now, with little to no fault in her speech, but alas she still cannot hear. My father, being the bloody bastard he is, teases her about it at any chance he gets, but my mother generally keeps him in line. I've got a plan though. In eleven days' time, it will be Thanksgiving, and I've got the perfect gift for Emma. Two, actually.

Listen~ CaptainSwan AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara