Sperated Then Reunited

Leray POV

"We feel that you are safe to return to Ninjago." Spirit Leader says to me.
I look at the seven spirits of The Council. "Thank you for saving my life." I say to them
"Were do you want to go? The choice is yours." Mother Spirit says.
Without thinking I say, "The bounty. I want you to send me to the bounty."
The seven spirits exchange glances. "Very well." Crafting Spirit spreads his hands and clouds swirl around me.
The clouds are replace with sand, when the dusty sand clears, I collapse in shock. I'm in the bounty that's for sure, but it's old and cracked and broken in half. The planks are rotten and worn by many sand storms. It must have been crashed in this desert. "How long have I been gone?" I gasp.
I stand up and make my way toward what used to be my room. It's empty and dusty, the sheets on the bed flap in the wind. The wooden chest and dresser still have my clothes in them but they now have holes in them. I sit down on the bed and run my hand over the head board. My finger tips brush over some kind of writing. I look closer at the writing. It seems to be burned into the wood.
-- Leray
I don't know if you will ever read this, but I hope you do. If you do, Jay, Nya and I are in Ninjago city. Jay and I work at that old grocery store and dinner. Remember? the one were we first took you out to dinner. Come and find us. We have a lot to talk about.
-- Kai

~oOo~

An hour later I stand out side the grocery store and dinner. I take a deep breath and walk through the door. I weave my way through the store till I reach the restaurant part of the store in the back.
Two men are working behind a grill, they look at least 35ish. I sit down on a stool and the men look up. One has messy brown hair and amber eyes, a red t-shirt and jeans. Kai. The other one had red-brown hair and stormy blue eyes, a navy blue t-shirt and jeans. Jay. They both have on long and stained white aprons.
"May I help you?" Kai asks.
"Yes you can." I say. "Kai, Jay, what happened? Where is Cole, Lloyd, Sensei, Misako, Garmadon, and my brother?"
"What?" Jay asks.
"Seriously?" I ask. "Red and blue shirts? You're basically saying 'Hi! I'm the ninja of fire and he's the ninja of lightning!'"
Kai looks stunned. "Excuse me?"
I lean forward over the counter. "Long time no see."
Jay blinks quickly, clearly confused. "I'm sorry who are you?"
I sigh. "My name is Leray and I am the daughter of the Over Lord, though I have sworn on my life to be good. Dr. Julian is my adopted father and Zane, the ninja of ice, my adopted brother."
"Leray!" They gasp.
Jay leans across the grill. "No. You disappeared almost 17 years ago." He yelps and jumps back.
Kai sighs. "Smart one." He mutters. "What happened is that after you disappeared Lloyd went looking for you then never came back. Then Sensei went to look for Lloyd, then Cole left, then Zane because his father got sick. Nya, Jay, and I moved here after I left you that note. Jay and Nya got married and had a baby. We occasionally get letters from Zane, Cole, and Sensei and Garmadon and Misako." Kai leans forward careful not to touch the grill. "Now answer my question. Where were you after all these years?"
"Spirit Realm." I say flatly.
"Why?" Jay asks rubbing his slightly grilled hands on a damp towel.
I shake my head. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."
Just then a big (and hairy) man lumbers over his hair is graying and he has small eyes for such a big man. His apron is nearly yellow and very much stained. "I pay you to work not chit chat." He growls.
"No." Jay says.
"What?" The man asks, surprised.
"That's right. No." Kai leans forward more, pressing his hands on the grill. Flames leaping up around his fingers. "We quit."And with that they pull off their aprons and jump over the grill.
"Your... your hands." The man stammers.
I smile. "He's the ninja of fire. Fire can't harm him."
We march out of the store and down the sidewalk. "Please tell me you have a plan. Nya is going to kill me when she finds out." Jay says to me.
I blink. "Of course. We get the team back together."

~oOo~

After an hour I ask, "How is he? Lloyd I mean."
Kai sighs. "He seemed pretty brokenhearted. He thought you left him."
Jay stares ahead and says, "He really did love you." He glances at me. "For real."
"Has he moved on?" I ask my voice small.
"We don't know. We haven't had any word from him for almost 17 years." Kai says sadly.
"For all we know he could be dead." Jay's voice is grim.