Another Reality

In a different reality, what if Mother Spirit wasn't fast enough to use the dagger on Blood Bringer? What would Blood Bringer do? What would happen to Leray? If she never met Lloyd?

After hundreds of years, a geologist splits open a chunk of rock to find a gold dagger with obsidian vines and small animal bones within a clear obsidian hilt, as perfect as the day it was lost to the legendary land destroyer. The dagger, a myth all its own, proves to the people of the new generation that the blood thirsty demon that crippled their world, was real. And this, was the end of her story-

Blood Bringer breathes deeply, perched on a rock high above a village that is bathed in flames. The smell of ash and blood tickles her slitted nose, causing a smile to curl at her lips and reveal rows of knife sharp teeth. She readies herself to tip forward and drop into the village for her feast, but stops as the air stirs behind her and a strange presence fills an empty space. Blood Bringer rolls to the side just as a dagger plunges down and scrapes through her armor of diamond hard scales. She hisses at the shimmering bright form of Mother Spirit, a gold and obsidian black dagger clutched in her hand. The obsidian hilt is clear enough to show the small animal bones clustered inside with obsidian vines twisting down the gold blade.
That weapon scraped through her scales. Her beautiful scales were now scarred.
With her vanity and anger flickering, Blood Bringer lunges and the spirit can hardly move fast enough as she gouges her claws down the wispy arm, golden blood splattering as the dagger falls. Mother Spirit screams and recoils, vanishing in a blink. Blood Bringer looks at the dagger as it lays on the dirt, the gold surface shining in the faint light from the spirit blood and fire of the village.
Blood Bringer raises her foot and stomps on it but jumps back, screeching as the magic burns the sole of her foot. The meek girl inside her scrambles for control, leaking from the scrape in Blood Bringer scales. Clamping down, Blood Bringer thrusts the girl back into the cage deep inside her mind and turns away from the dagger, jumping into the burning village and launching herself at the first terrified human she sees.
After she sinks this land, like she has with so many others over the past 3,000 years, then the dagger will be gone and she will be safe.
Licking her claws clean, she rises from her kill, her tail snapping over the ash and blood covered soil as she looks for her next kill.

~oOo~

With her blood lust quenched and the island smoking with the delicious reak of death and fire, Blood Bringer spreads out her hands and leaks her black magic into the soil. With a chorus of deep groans, shattering cracks, and rippling thunder, the island begins to split and crumble at the edges. Ash and magma erupting from deep within, spilling over the edges into the sea to create steam and more rock to destroy.
Blood Bringer watches in satisfaction as the cliff cracks and the dagger falls to the earth below. She reaches out to touch the dagger with her magic and destroy it, but recoils as the magic within it sucks and destroys hers. The spells on it are flawless, made to always be against her and kill her. Magma pools over it, sucking it down and making the gold and obsidian hiss. Blood Bringer smiles, her arrogance making her believe that it will be destroyed.
As the blackened forests shatter to ash and buildings topple, the ocean begins to rise up and wash over the land, nocking and pulling everything to the sea floor. The rising and quieting of terrified screams, is a beautiful chorus to Blood Bringer's ears.
Once the chaos is over and all that remains is swirling ocean water, Blood Bringer flies off in the direction of the dark island where her master lays in wait for her return. She darts through dark clouds as a blur of darkness, lightning crackling off her skin as a storm breaks loose. She comes across another land that is parallel to the dark island, a huge city rising up in front of her. Soaring over it, she notices a figure standing on a high building while drinking from a tea cup and watching her, rain drops sliding over the edges of his wide rimed hat. He watches and strokes his beard as she shoots by.
Snorting, Blood Bringer continues on, flicking her wings harder and faster. Her bone wings don't do much but help her glide or cut up her victims. It's her smaller leather wings that propel her forward with fast beats.
Again, she is darting over the ocean as she heads toward a small tropical island in the distance. She passes above a large tower on top of a sandy island, and she amuses herself by shooting and nocking a machine off the roof. It falls with a satisfying crunch and shouts from its owner. She is gone before the old man sees her.
In a few more minutes, she is landing with a spray of sand on the beach of the dark island, then she slinks into the shade of the trees and searches for the Over Lord, her master. He appears among the leaves, a dark pulsing orb that wheezes between words. Blood Bringer ducks into a kneeling bow as he says, "have you ... completed ... your mission?"
"Yes my lord." She says without raising her head.
"Perfect... Next, I want ... you to find the ... destined one. And ... eliminate him." The Over Lord wheezes.
Blood Bringer sneers in glee. "Yes my lord."
"Leave ... immediately."
"Yes my lord." She raises to feet. "I shall destroy him so that you may live to see your destiny fulfilled." And with that, she takes off, back towards the land with the glittering city.