Chapter 44- *Mai* Academy and Genin Days

Depuis le début

My head snapped in both directions, making sure everything was clear. A bucket of orange paint was set firmly in my hands. A grin formed on my face as I made my way to the Hokage's office. My grin quickly dropped when I ran into two people.

Falling backwards I dropped the bucket of paint, making me pout as the orange paint flew everywhere. I looked up to yell at whoever it was when I noticed it was Kushina and Teno. Kushina had puffed out her cheeks as the orange paint had gotten all over us. Teno, whom was beside Kushina, was looking at me wide eyed as his face was dusted with red.

"Damn, sorry I didn't see you guys. The paint wasn't ment for you two." I sighed.

"Awe man, it got all over my clothes, dattebane!" Kushina complained before grinning at me. "It's okay though!"

I grinned back at her. Teno grabbed onto Kushina's hand and dragged her off. "Come on, Kushina, it's getting late."

"W-Wait, Teno-kun!" She objected, but he didn't listen to her as he continued to drag her.

I looked down at me clothes as well. My dark purple kimono was splattered with orange paint, along with my blue ninja sandals. I shrugged, "I guess I won't be able to prank Hokage-sama today. I guess I'll just have to drag Mina-kun into something tomorrow."

"Mina-kun! Did you hear him, he said we're gonna be on the same team!" I shouted, jumping on Minato's back.

Minato laughed at me while supporting my legs, used to me randomly jumping on his back. "Yes, I did hear him, Mai-chan. Who do you think our sensei is going to be?"

"I don't know, I just hope it's not a pervert." I said, my eyes looking up to look at my headband on my forehead. While I was proud to be a Konoha ninja, I still wished it was the Kessho village's headband on my forehead. "By the way, who was the other guy he said was on our team?" I asked.

Minato shrugged, "I don't know, I think his name was Akito."

Minato walked to the meeting area while I rode on his back. "You know, for a guy so wimpy, you're pretty strong."

"I'm not wimpy. Is that your favorite thing to say or something?" Minato asked.

"No, I'm just saying your appearance is wimpy." I answered, "I wouldn't be surprised if Kushina thought the same thing."

He paused, "Do you think Kushina thinks that?"

I blinked, looking over at his face to see a troubled look. A soft smile formed as I poked his cheek. "Nah, you just need to find a excuse to pick her up. I'm sure that will prove to her that you're not wimpy. Also, tell her the things you like about her, like her hair. You did tell me you really like her hair."

A soft smile formed on his face, which turned into a grin as he looked at me. "Yeah! Her hair is the most beautiful I've ever seen. And-"

"Woah now, I don't wanna hear about what you love about her." I interrupted and i gripped his shoulder. "Now, run! You're taking too long!" He chuckled at me before taking off into a sprint. To my surprise, he ran faster than I thought he could.

 I blinked when I saw a familiar white haired man standing with his arms crossed over his chest. Gripping onto Minato's shoulder's tighter, I flied over him before taking off in a full sprint, beating Minato to the man. I narrowed my eyes as I tried to remember where I had seen him before.