Kyozen Academy; Part 1 ~ Initiation

~ Kyozen Academy; Part 1 - Initiation ~

Myr POV

??? - Noon

You know master, It's probably time for me to go.

I'm trying to make my master to stop telling stories of him saving a ton of damsel in distress but he just won't stop.

Oh it's that late already?

It's already noon.

he look up to the sky to see for himself that it's noon and gave me the farewell I am trying to get from him, but to be honest I am gonna miss this old guy. he rise me from a sorry state where I didn't have anything but this heavy sword I usually don't use.

Fine Myr. Just remember, stand tall with Honor.

Yes, Master.

And...

I just roll my eyes from the corniness of the words his trying to make me say but he won't make me leave if I don't say it.

Save any woman in need with everything I got.

I still forbid you from using Kuritoge.

He meant this heavy short sword I've been carry on my waist the whole time. It's named Kuritoge, it's an ancient weapon with tremendous raw power. If I use it I could easily a fully arm military base on my own. I am fully aware that Kuritoge's immense strength shouldn't be used lightly.

Just go to the Rozen Kingdom and tell Cozdin to take you in his Academy and make a hell of an Enforcer out of you.

He open a path of bright light to transport me to the area where this Rozen Kingdom is, it's a bit convenient on my part, but master insisted. So I pass through the path without hesitation like what master expects of me.

Meanwhile in the Kingdom of Rozen. The Kyozen Academy has started the initiation ceremony of their freshmen. Opening the ceremony, the headmaster himself gives a speech.

Malick Lark POV

Kyozen Academy - Coliseum / 9:03 AM / - Year 107 Post-Treaty

Really? initiation already? Well, it's fine to get it all over with but, I just arrive from Talmas, all the way up north. I still feel weird from the ride at the airship. Everyone is gathering at the Coliseum, better follow the crowd and get some more info.

I randomly ask people. So I approach the two that seem friendly.

Hi are you guys gonna take the initiation?

The girl happily answers with a smile that seem to stretch ear-to-ear

As the matter of fact. We are!

The guy beside her followed up with his own.

Well unlike this girl here that I got a recommendation, the name is Slack Cathem.

Slack brims with confidence as he continues

But I heard the headmaster ran into something important, that's why his speech is being held back a few hours.

Well that's a bit of a relief.

Good, I am glad I could rest for a while.

The girl as why.

Why? You do look tired.

I just arrive from Talmas and I have a bit of motion sickness.

We sat at a bench right outside the coliseum. As they kept me company as I rest, I brought up a question.

Do you have any idea what the initiation would be like?

Both of them look at each other then Slack spoke.

The specifics way the initiation would be held is different each year.

The girl beside him added.

But since Headmaster Cozdin was given the position, he always use the otherside of that mountain range.

She points to the mountain range directly behind the academy which I react with distress.

That's Seira Mountain Range, right?

They nodded as I continue.

That's the natural barrier that made it difficult for even strong Mythos to overcome.

From my eye the fact that the headmaster even use an area where it's teeming with monsters as an initiation is insane but they didn't think otherwise, Slack gives his opinion.

To his defence, Rozen prides itself that the kingdom welcomes anyone and prioritize Peace. To uphold that ideal it needs exceptional warriors to fight for it.

The girl also voice her opinion.

And he said in one of his speeches that the life threatening nature of the initiation nurture the newly formed bond that team members.
Which it is also the purpose of the initiation ritual.

It seem like Rozen Enforcers trained from Kyozen Academy are more team-based unlike Talmas with it strict textbook protocols. I was in deep thought till the girl offered her hand.

I am Lilac, Lilac Akiya unlike Slack here I've work hard to come here and be an Enforcer.

I totally forgot to introduce myself. I took her hand.

Oh sorry, I forgot. I am Malick Lark, my instructor back in Talmas sent me here.

Slack then took both us under his arms.

With introductions done let's eat, the initiation ceremony last a week so better eat while we can.

But earlier the headmaster encounter something he could never expected.

Headmaster Cozdin Fluer POV

Kyozen Academy - Headmaster's office
/ 7:13 AM / - Year 107 Post-Treaty

I know it's the freshmen's initiation day but to wake me up this early.

I lazily complain cause I've been signing papers left and right yesterday till I drop, and I really did. The woman holding my schedule for the day.

Of course, I, Lena Ashwood was assign by former headmaster Greg Ryios to keep you worthy of the title headmaster of Kyozen Acad-....

It's odd of Lena to not finish and make a similarly odd face like she saw something out of her comprehension. As she points behind me, directly to my viewing window. I turn around and saw a boy falling directly at us.