Marc went to his room to call Andrew in private. He sat down on the bed while the other line rung. He hoped by this time tomorrow they had the latest threat neutralized and the pack could be on their way back home. He didn’t like being separated from them.

“Hello?” Andrew answered.

“I hope your day is fairing better than mine. Guess who paid me a visit today?”

“The tooth fairy?”

“That would’ve been a welcomed surprise. Ariana and Kid are here and on top of that Carly’s in heat. Do you know what that means?”

“Your life officially sucks?”

“I’m way past that check point.” Marc ran a frustrated hand through his hair. “I need a vacation.”

“Somewhere with no pretty blondes and forbidden mates.” Andrew laughed.

“You’re no help. Why do I bother calling you?”

“Because I’m your best friend and I’m all you got. About Carly’s predicament, I actually just finished some reading on that. I found some information when I was searching the symptoms you told me about.” Andrew’s laughing fit melted away as he fell into his usual position as all knowing beta.

“Did you happen to find a way to turn it off?”

“No, where’s the fun in that? She’s going to have to wait it out or give into it. If she mates once under the full moon cycle, the side effects will stop until the next full moon.”

Dread filled every fiber of Marc’s body. “And if she doesn’t mate?”

“She’ll be in heat every night until the new moon and you’re the bastard stuck with her. I don’t envy you.”

“What would you do in my shoes?”

“Probably drop her off at a nunnery.”

“Well, I’m going for the second best thing. I’m leaving her with Ariana while Kid and I go track down Bradley. I want you to track down everyone for a check in and make sure everything is clear. After that, find out what Jax is up to. I don’t like that he’s alone with Livvy with no back up.” It was foolish of Ariana not to consider that but then again, Marc was in no mood to argue the point. He’d rather go a few rounds in hell than face the frustration that was Ariana Ellis.

“Aye, aye, boss.”

Marc pocketed the phone. He dug into his suitcase and pulled out a pouch containing a few weapons his father gave him for his eighteenth birthday. He preferred to fight with his claws but when facing an enemy such a Bradley, backup wouldn’t hurt and Kid didn’t count. He was a whiz at computers and more then held his own in a fight, but he was still a child.

Marc also had no doubt that Ariana would kill him if anything happened to her son on his watch.

Back in the living room he was surprised to see Carly sitting up with a clear expression. “You look better.” Marc commented.

“Yeah, I don’t feel much better.” Carly rubbed at an ache on her temple. “You’re leaving?” her grey eyes dropped to the bag in his left hand.

“Ariana is going to stay here with you while we go talk to Bradley.” He motioned to himself and Kid, who was standing by the door waiting.

Carly looked apprehensive about the decision. Ariana was standing off in the corner of the room ignoring her newfound cousin, something Carly quickly noticed. The only person in the room she remotely knew was leaving her. “Ok.” Her voice was meek at best. “See you later.”