Hearts Racing.

Damon's POV. I grit my teeth, looking all around the room not seeing Ava or Nicholas anywhere.

If they think this is a fucking game they're wrong.

I seriously can't believe they took off like they did.

I close my eyes, running a hand through my hair, trying to calm myself.

Stefan is searching the house for them so far he hasn't found anything.

I take a breath, walking out onto the porch, peering around our yard.

I don't see anything so I turn back around and walk back inside.

They better not have gone outside, it's below freezing and I know damn well they didn't get jackets or shoes.

"Stefan! Have you found the kids' yet?" I yell from the bottom of the stairwell.

"Nothing!" Stefan hollers back, jogging downstairs.

"Ava! Nicholas! This is not Hide-N-Seek! Come out, now!" I yell, my heart beginning to race, if they are outside they will freeze in no time and get sick.

I hear tiny feet, running in from the kitchen, two children appear, tears appearing in their eyes once they see Stefan and me.

"Go to your bedrooms, stand in the corner till we come up," I say sternly, Stefan glaring at both of them.

I turn around, grabbing my drink off the counter and quickly taking a drink.

I'm going to take my good ole time getting up there.

They wanna hide and make it a game, well maybe this will teach them.

"I have no idea what has gotten into them," I say, turning my attention to Stefan.

"I don't have a single clue. It's going to stop, though. I ain't gonna have my siblings running around being brats," Stefan replies, shaking his head, disappointedly.

"It will be a cold day in hell that my siblings run shit around here," I voice, leaning back on the couch.

James walks in the door about the time I finish my statement.

He smiles and tips his head up at us, slipping out of his leather jacket and hanging it up.

"Hey, bruh," Stefan greets, throwing up a hand to him.

"Hey there, bro," James replies, sitting down on the couch next to Stefan.

James looks around the room then looks to both of us.

"Where're the kids?" James asks with a puzzled look.

"Well, Ava and Nicholas are in their bedrooms. The other kids are most likely doing homework or playing video games," I say, taking another drink from my glass.

"Ahhh, do I even wanna know what they did?" James asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, first they wouldn't stop fighting. Then they ran from us, hid for around thirty minutes and finally after we searched and called for them they came out. No idea where they were actually hidden out, all we know is they came out of the kitchen," Stefan says, standing up off the couch.

"Yeah, they need their asses whooped good," James adds in. "They could have been outside and froze and got sick." James voices, annoyance in his voice.

"Exactly," I say, putting my cup down on the table and getting up, figuring it's about time I go deal with Ava.

"I'll be back down in a few minutes," I say, grabbing the paddle from the corner of the room.

"Ohhhh snap. I remember getting the paddle, hurt like bloody..." Logan pauses and decides not to finish his sentence.

I hear him, pausing in my tracks to see if he dares say that word. I listen, seeing he doesn't, I finish walking upstairs.

I open Ava's door, watching as Stefan walks past and goes into Nicholas's room.

I shut the door and turn around.

"Ava, come here," I say, taking a seat on the edge of the bed and setting the paddle down next to me.

Ava slowly turns around, her cheeks stained with tears.

It tugs my heart a bit but I know the best thing I can do right is ignore my heart breaking into two and look at her.

"I'm sorry bubba," Ava mumbles, peering down to the floor.

"Look at me. You and Nicholas worried me a lot. You ran off, I had no idea where you were," I remind her, shaking my head slightly.

If only she was able to understand how truly worried I was.

"I'm sorry it won't ever happen again bubba! I swear!" Ava voices in a pleading voice, eyeing me and the paddle that I just picked up.

"Yes, I know after this you won't," I assure her, grabbing her arm quickly and then pulling her over my lap in one swift move.

I pull down her pants, leaving her panties on.

I begin to rain down swats to her behind, watching it turn red.

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT.

"I warned you multiple times today, you continued to test me and this is where you are going to end up every time you choose to do that," I lecture, not slacking up with the swats.

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT.

"Owww!!!! BUBBA!!! I'M SORRY!!" Ava yells, sobbing hard.

I ignore her and just continue, trying my best to get this over with as quickly as possible.

SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT SWAT.

I stop at fifteen, listening to her sobs, waiting a good five minutes til' she calms down.

"Five with the paddle. Bend over the bed." I mumbled, standing up and helping her to her feet.

"Noooo! Please, bubba!" Ava screams, her sobs getting louder and louder as she falls to the floor.

I take a deep breath, picking her up, holding her upper arm.

WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK.

I land the last five quick and hard, leaning the paddle up against her bed railing when I am done.

I pick her up, settling her down on my lap, rubbing small circles against her back, whispering soothing things into her ear, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you, Ava. You need to learn to be respectful to people, though." I say, feeling really bad for what I just had to do.

"I know, I'm super sorry bubba, it won't happen again," Ava says, hiccuping while her sobs die down slowly.

"Good girl," I say, smiling as I carry her downstairs.

Stefan appears with Nicholas behind him, his face stained with tears and his bottom lip poking out slightly.

The upside to this is at least this issue got resolved without to much protest.

Hey, peeps~! Soooo sorry this has not been updated in a long time. I hope you like it, though. Please don't be a silent reader, comment, and vote, please. Ideas, prompts, and requests are always welcome, so feel free to drop them in my inbox. Also, if there is a specific story any of you would like to see updated, let me know. Thanks~!