Cast List

Levi Miller as Jon Solo

Harrison Ford as Han Solo

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker

Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa

Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

Anthony Daniels as C-3PO

Kenny Baker as R2-D2

Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian

David Prowse as Darth Vader (Body)

James Earl Jones as Darth Vader (Voice)

Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett.

Author's notes:

1.) I know I kept saying I wouldn't start The Empire Strikes Back until after Christmas. But I have some time to kill before then, so I figured I might as well get the cast list and the Prologue out of the way now. (I already have the Prologue handwritten out. I hope to start typing it after this cast list is posted, if not tomorrow. And if all goes well, I should hopefully have it posted by the weekend.) And after the holidays is when I really will start focusing on this book. Maybe the reason I started earlier than I said I would is because Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back  is my favorite Star Wars movie, and I guess I was really eager to get it started.

2.) You may recall that when I did A New Hope, I said that Jacob Tremblay was the only actor I could see playing Jon Solo at age ten. When it came time to do this book, I knew I would have to find another actor to play Jon. After all, ESB takes place three years after ANH, thus making Jon thirteen. The actor I chose, Levi Miller, is best known for playing Peter Pan in the 2015 movie Pan. I guess I should mention here that Levi Miller is Australian, and has blue eyes. But for the purposes of this fic, imagine him speaking with an American accent, and having hazel eyes.

3.) Darth Vader will have a bigger role here than he did in my version of A New Hope. Granted, it still won't be as big as the role he had in the actual ESB movie. But I digress.

4.) You may notice that two very big names are missing from the cast list. Yes, I am talking about Frank Oz as Yoda, and Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Some of you might think I'm crazy for doing an adaptation of The Empire Strikes Back without Yoda. I mean, our little green friend was first introduced in that movie, and arguably stole the show. Yes, Luke will still go to Dagobah and be trained by Yoda. But that aspect of the movie is irrelevant to Jon's story. Because while Luke is with Yoda, Jon will be on the Millennium Falcon with Han, Leia, Chewie and 3-PO during the trip to Bespin. As for Obi-Wan's absence, as we all know, he died in A New Hope. His appearances in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were limited to those brief moments where we saw him as a Force Ghost. And Jon Solo is not Force-Sensitive, so he can't even see Force Ghosts.

5.) When I listed Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett, I'm referring only to the name of the man who was inside the Boba Fett costume. The character's voice is a matter of controversy, because it was changed for the Original Trilogy's 2004 DVD release. To avoid arguments, I'm leaving it it up to the readers to decide how they want to hear Boba Fett's voice. If you picture him sounding like the original guy from 1980, whose name I can't remember, go right ahead. Or if you prefer to hear the voice of Temuera Morrison from 2004, that's fine, too. (Temuera Morrison also played Boba Fett's father, Jango Fett in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, as well as all the Clone Troopers in that movie, and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Another movie he's famous for is the 1998 movie Six Days, Seven Nights, which, oddly enough, happened to also star Harrison Ford. Most recently, Temuera Morrison provided the voice of Moana's father, Chief Tui in this year's animated movie, Moana.)