She looked at him reproachfully and turned into the house, allowing the door to slam shut behind her. David sighed on his way back to the carriage; he stuck his head inside and stared at Pax.

"She is coming," he said with a grave face.

"It's about time."

"That's the same thing I said," he paused. "Marie says she's close to a mental break down."

The sky rumbled, followed by a downpour as the two girls hurried across the lawn, covering their heads with Marie's cloak.

David's heart seemed to leap inside his chest when he saw her. He helped her into the carriage, taking a seat next to her.

"Oh, hi," she said, as if seeing him for the first time.

He observed her momentarily. "You don't remember me," he said.

She looked at him and shook her head. "I am afraid not."

He tried to say something, but the words fail to leave his mouth as he hastily looked away.

Pax pulled on the horse's reins, stopping by a small stone cottage. David stepped out and sighed.

"This is it?" Marie asked from behind him.

Gael pushed past them. "Is this where you're all staying?"

. David casted a quick glance at Pax who shrugged. She walked several steps forward and turned around with a frown. "I want to go back home."

David moved towards Marie, pressing his mouth against her ear. "I thought you said that she remembered."

Marie stared back at him. "And I also told you that she wasn't ready to leave the mansion."

David frowned, turning to Gael. "You can't."

Gael folded her arms. "And who are you to tell me what I can or cannot do? If my father finds out about this..."

David's eyes flared up with anger. "The Palmers are not your parents. You created this reality to escape from the truth, and you are the only one that can get us out of here and back home."

Her mouth began to tremble as her eyes glazed over with tears. "No, that's not true." She said, shaking her head. She grabbed her hair and began pulling at it. Marie tried to stop her, but Gael pushed her to the side and ran towards the cottage in tears.

Pax placed his hand on David's shoulder. "Give her a break, man. Can you even imagine what she is going through right now?"

David looked at him. "Only too well." He said and walked away.

Gael walked to the edge of the house and raised her head to the sky. She had lost all sense of who she was. What had frightened her to the brink of insanity? They claimed that she had created this reality. But why? From what was she trying to escape? Her mind drifted to the image of bright blue eyes twinkling under the sun. She recognized those eyes. Shutting her eyes tight, she began to think hard. Where was she before all of this happened? The ship, she remembered being inside of a ship. A black hole had shifted the ship's trajectory, and they had been sent to the metal room; the safe room.

Voices interrupted her train of thought as Marie and Pax approached her.

Marie smiled anxiously. "There you are. Are you okay?"

Gael scratched her head. "I think I'm slowly getting it," She said.

She moved towards Pax and touched his face. "You grew a mustache." She frowned. "I preferred you clean shaven."