Dream Seeker-Chapter Five

Gael woke up in the middle of an unconfined Forest. A pine tree was growing in and around a rusty car frame. Not too far from her stood an old house with a caved in roof and weeds growing on the walls. As she raised her head, she saw several other houses crippled by nasty vines and other invasive plants. Without saying a word, she approached David.

"Ghost town." He whispered.

"Looks like it's been abandoned for years." Marie said.

"I'd say maybe twenty to forty years," David said.

Gael detected movement behind a wild growth of weeds and grass. The trees casted shadows upon her path as she wandered deeper into the overgrowth. She encountered a line of houses with spider web markings on the walls. She spotted a flicker of light in one of the windows. Gael ran back to tell the others, tripping on a log. She landed on her hands, tearing her palms on the sharp edge of a rock. A teenage boy sneered at her, sitting on her back.

"Grandpa, I got one." The wide grin on his face exposed his rotten teeth.

"Good boy." She heard a voice say from behind the shrubbery. "Bring it to me."

The boy got off her legs and Gael kicked him. He pulled her arm behind her back and slapped her across the face.

"Help me!" She shouted before the boy covered her mouth with his filthy hands.

"It will do you no good to scream, little girl."

She dug her nails into the boys arm and bit into his hand. He screamed in pain and pinned her down to the ground, straddling her back.

The old man stood at a distance, laughing.

The boy tied her legs together with a rope.

"I've been waiting six years for one of you to roam around these parts. I never thought it would be so clean and beautiful."The old man's voice exuded sexual desire making her stomach turn.

"I reckon she fell from the sky, a gift from God." The boy said, tying a knot around her hands.

"Let her go." Someone said. She turned her head and saw David standing behind her.

"Does it belong to you? Oh... I see you have another one in your possession. You must be rich, eh?"

"What are you talking about?" David walked closer and the boy slipped a bright object from underneath his shirt.

"I can give you a years earning for a night with the girl. I've never seen one this ripe. She must be a virgin." The old man was standing in the light now, forcing her to look at his mutated features. His teeth were sharp like a piranhas,and a yellowish fluid seeped out of his decaying nose as his disproportionate face bore a lopsided grin. Gael looked at David. He took a few steps forward, stopping near her head.

"No you can't have her, let her go."

Suddenly, the boy seized Gael by the hair, pressing a blade against her neck.

The old man laughed. "She's worthless dead."

"What do you pigs want with her?" Marie ran forward and David held her back.

"Wanna trade places with her, gorgeous?"

David restrained Marie as she attempted to charge at the old man.

"Is there anything else I can give you?"

The old man shook his head. "We either shake on this, or sonny slits her throat."

He walked up to the men and extended his hand. "Deal."

The old man glanced at Gael and shook David's hand. "Good."