Chapter 1 : adventure begins with single step

Johns POV

My name is John Alexander, son of a good man who was a hero to most, and to the greatest mother who loves all, I tried to follow in my dads footsteps and become a hero in the army, but after two to three years, I left the army, not thinking it was the right choice for me.

I was 6 foot exactly, with green eyes and short, jet black hair, fairly built and slim body with enough smarts to know what I'm doing, and to know what I want.
I knew being the hero like my dad wasn't for me, somehow I just felt like adventure would be where I'll thrive.

I left my home and family, with enough money and things to live comfortable enough for awhile, I also carried my black jungle knife, Glock 17, and armoured gloves incase I'll need them, my destination.... The Gate, in Ginza, Tokyo.
A portal leading to another world, even though the Japanese SDF have been based in the other world for at least 6 months, most of that world have been fairly oblivious to its existence.

................

I arrived at the portal, it was guarded, but I know you can pay for travel through the portal, it will cost a lot, but my mother knew a friend who works on this side of the Gate, so I walked up to the office at the side, my newly bought Motorbike parked near the entrance, several of the guards stared at me, I continued to smile till I got to the office window, a Japanese woman with long brown hair and blue eyes, she matched the picture my mum showed me before, was typing on a computer, I knocked on the window to get her attention, "Hello ?, what can I do for you ?" She asked in Japanese, me being good with most of the worlds cultures and languages, I said "Hello, my mother said I could talk to you about going through the portal, I'm John Alexander" her eyes widen.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'll take your cheque and give you a pass" she said and hurried through the office, I put my cheque into the slit of the window and waited, only a special few could go through the Gate, my family had friends in high places and a fair bit of money. Not at we cared for money, but we want to get the most out of life.

......

Several people gathered by the fence as I drove through the portal, I heard rumours about this new world, I smiled as I drove through, I couldn't wait to see if they were true or not, this was an adventure of a lifetime, and I was not going to miss it.

I drove through until I saw a bright light as the big doors on the other end started to open.

I drove through the doors and stopped at the end, which appeared to be a base, I smiled, "I'm finally here, I can't believe it" I mutter to myself as I stared into the skies, the clouds, the high mountains in the distance, along with a few patches of forests and even a town of sorts. I listened to the birds singing... Then a couple of well armed SDF soldiers walking at me.

"Hey, what are you doing here ?" Asked one of them, "he's just a kid" the other muttered as I looked at them, I hate it when people say I'm a kid, I was 19 for god sake.
I rolled my eyes and took my helmet off, "I got myself a pass, and I'm not a kid, I'm 19" I say, at the sight of the pass, most of them left me alone, the pass ticket also get me a place to sleep for a few nights.

It wasn't glamorous, but I'm not one to complain.

........

I drove my bike to spot, then cut the engine and left it parked up, I walked inside and saw a girl working at a desk, with long blonde hair and blue eyes, but what caused me to stare was that she had elf ears.... My mind was blank...

I was snapped out of my stupor when she looked in my direction, "can I help you, sir ?", I rubbed my eyes, "yes-yes... Sorry, I was told to get a room from here" I say, she nods and looks into a book, "just show me your pass and write here, I'll hand you the keys and show you where your room is" she said.

................

After showing my pass and checking in, the elf walked me to my room, "so...your new here, aren't you ?" She asked, "yes, miss...erm, I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name" I said, "oh, it Tuka, I saw your name was John Alexander" she said, smiling.

"Please, just call me John or Alexander, my name is annoying to say all the time" I said with a chuckle, "OK, John, so what are you doing here ?" She asked, slightly curious, "well, I'm here for some adventure, normal life wasn't for me and being a hero like my dad just wasn't me either, so I thought I'd try my luck at having some adventure in my life" I say, as we come to my room, she unlocks the door and hands me the keys.

I walked inside to see two single beds in the main room, a wash room with a shower, sink and toilet, even a mirror. In the corner in the main room was a small kitchen and sink, with a small stove and a microwave. "Well, this is rather nice" I say, "well, I hope you enjoy your stay here, if you need anything, please come a set me now" Tuka said, I nodded and replied, "OK, thank you very much, Tuka."