Chapter 2

Getting to Harrys 3rd lesson his phone started to ring. He rummaged through his bag to find it and answered the call.

Harry: "Hello?" he said with some concern

Caller: "Get to my house now! You have to see this!"

Harry wasn't sure who was calling him so he asked who it was and he felt really stupid when it was Kate calling. "What's wrong?" he started to get concerned by why she was asking him to sneak out of school, just to go  see something probably that meant nothing to him.

________________________________

After having this reassuring conversation Harry decided that he needed to go to Kate's to see what she was wanting him to come see. He had to hatch a plan to get out the school and he couldn't think how because at every exit there was a teacher who would easily just say to him you have the biggest sanction there is! But then he realised at one of the gates his favourite teacher was standing there and Harry looked at where all the other teachers are. To his surprise they were focused on their gates like hawks but had no attention on the other gates. This was his brake so he walked over to his teacher casually and said "Sir I have to go! My friend told me something was wrong and she called me to say for me to hurry! Can I go please sir!" he made himself sound so desperate to leave to help a friend that the teacher agreed and replied gratefully "Good luck with what ever it is!" and Harry walked out quickly so he could get to his friends Kate's house quicker.

When leaving he remembered he had felt a couple of notes in his pocket. One of them read :

YOUR SUCH A SKIVER! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE SCHOOL WITH AN EXCUSE WHICH ISN'T TRUE! WHEN YOU GET BACK YOU BETTER WATCH IT!

BY ANNONYMOUS

Laughing he said "Yeah Connor good try." and scrunched it up and put it in a recycling bin across the street, then carried on and then got another call through from Kate

"Harry where are you!" she said in a panicked voice and at that Harry knew something serious was happening.

Harry replied "I'm on my way I will be there in a minute!" and picked up his fast walk to a run and he was coming up to her road when a police car was parked on the road he was about to go down. Stopping immediately he turned to see if the car was manned. Peering around the corner to check he saw no bodies in the car and at that reasurement he started to move to her house once again.

Harry could now see her house so he looked to see if anything could stop him from getting there but to his surprise Kate was standing at the door of her house waving for him to hurry. Picking up the pace a little he jogged to her front door where she hugged him to say hi and said desperately "You have to come see this!"

Entering her house was a completely different world compared to Harry's because everything was designer, nothing was even similar to his. But every time he went he felt different which is something that he usually enjoyed. Kate called him into the lounge and he walked into a large room with a huge plasma TV which Harry couldn't afford and he looked over at the mantle piece and smiled because in all the years that they have known each other and been round each others houses the mantle had never change decorations, never had anything new and everything was left originally as it was brought almost 20 years ago. the sofas they have are normally soft and springy with a lovely leather fabric which was white and a 3 piece suit. Kate grabbed the remote and it turned onto the romantic music channel and Harry took a heavy gulp but then she swapped the channel to the news channel and Harry breathed a deep sigh of relief because all though he really liked his friend Kate, he knew what he parents were like, and they were extremely strict.

The news was explaining global warming and she looked at me with a panic expression.

Harry turned to her and gestured to the TV and asked "Your worried about something that only still a theory and your thinking its a fact?" but he knew that what he said sounded harsh and Kate blushed and looked down when  a tear started to come into her eye.

Kate stuttered and said "It sounds like things are going to go wrong and I don't wan things going wrong! I like the way things are but they could all of a sudden go wrong by something were causing." while saying this they she started to choke up on her words. Harry gave her a hug knowing that she is sensitive but when she finds things out that could potentially make life hard she hates it, and Harry knew this all to well with diseases which had gone around, she was petrified of leaving the house. He knew though everything about this subject and pulled a couple of notes he wrote about all the global warming averages out of his bag and layed them on the coffee table next to where the sofa was and its glass surface was well made and it glistened slightly when you glanced at it. He layed down the notes and took the latest recording and pulled out a calculator to work out the latest average and when he worked it out, he stared at the calculator, frightened he did the calculation again, and again and again. But all came up the same and then he pleaded that he was wrong now, he hoped he was wrong but he was never wrong.

Kate asked if he was okay and he wrote down on his notes shaking when he wrote down the date of the next date something wold go wrong in the world, the date was 12th January the year 2000. He looked at Kate and he stared into her eyes deliberating how he was going to say break it to her. "Harry what's wrong tell me!" she started to lose her patience.

Harry mouthed the words and then said them like he was in a trance "The world will have its largest natural destruction ever recorded by every single threat." an looked with a tear in his eye at Kate, "it means the worlds going to end on the...." he stuttered and tried to say it the last part o his sentence. he couldn't, and then pointed to the notes and Kate's face was overwhelmed with horror.

Kate asked trying not to act scared "Have you got anything we can do?"

Sitting up more upright from his usual slouch he said honestly "Tell everyone in the world, an' hope they listen. If they don't...." he faltered again but managed the words this time "... The world ends. Its the end of human life as we know it."