The Girl Next Door Sits Next to Me

I never imagined the girl next door to have the once vacant desk next to mine.

I do what my parents tell me. I go to school. I do my homework. I get good grades. So that basically means I'm a good boy. At least I think I am. So why, why, just why am I being cursed? That has to be it. First the house next door and then the same school and the classroom, and now the desk next to me. What's next in her list? My virginity? Kidding. Though if anything, I'll be more than willing to give her Ryota. Again, juustt kidding. Maybe.

For the entire first and second period, all I did was keep my eyes on her. Don't get me wrong. I had to, right? What if she does something fishy? Of course I'll need to see that. How else am I going to support my case when I tell the authority she's some kind of evil witch?

It wasn't until the bell for nutrition rang that I found myself taking my eyes off the girl to look over at Ryota, who was holding a box of orange juice to my right. "Hi, hi." He tells me with his cheeky smile and a short wave. We usually spend nutrition and lunch together so it's no big deal. I'm basically with him twenty-four, seven.

I give him a small nod in response before turning my head back to the girl. But only; she isn't sitting on her chair anymore. She's standing right in front of me with her upper body bending down and a camcorder pointing right at my face.