viii || move

Before 1943

"thanks for the tragedies, I needed for my art"

"You are leaving the house?" Emma whispered towards Aspen. Aspen nodded her head, as she packed her final bag.

"Why?" Olive asked, her kind words annoying Aspen. Olive didn't know about how sick Akia was, nor did Olive know her family had managed to escape German forces.

"My family managed to get a little property in an isolated part of Wales. After what happened in Belgium, they need me," Aspen spoke, bags in hand.

Emma and Olive looked at each other, both their lips pursed. "What about Enoch?" Aspen wished they hadn't brought up Enoch, but he was unaware of her plan of leaving.

"I haven't told him," She confessed, looking in Olive's bright eyes that usually shined with kindness and sweet feelings. Olive's eyes, now, weren't the same as usual- They were angry and hurt, Aspen knew this was because of her leaving them.

"Yeah," She tried to deadpan, yet the simple word showed too many emotions for that. Emma silently stood there, trying to make sense of the new information she received. "Do you love him?" She, finally, croaked out and Aspen's eyes began to burn with emotions. Yes, I love him and I'd be happy spending my entire life with him. However, I wasn't what he needed. I wasn't the Marissa girl he had truly loved. "No," She lied, trying her best to keep her emotions down.

Emma and Olive exchanged glances, before pursing their lips. "Okay," They said, in sync. Aspen furrowed my eyebrows, trying her best to rack up the simply okay. "Why haven't you told him, Aspen?" Emma asked, resorting to using Enoch to force her into staying.

Aspen breathed out, looking directly at Emma. She couldn't come up with a proper answer, that wouldn't make her breakdown so Aspen remained silent. Until Olive spoke for her, "She's lost, in need of getting found. Enoch cannot be apart of that whilst she doesn't know exactly who she is, Em."

Aspen stared at the ground, hoping that'd the two would at least understand slightly. "Promise to visit?" Emma blubbered, before hugging her tightly. "Of course," I replied, closing my eyes tightly.

"Then I suppose I'll allow you to leave," She laughed throughout her sniffling, making a small smile grow on Aspen's once saddened face. "Well, I better hurry off. Please, don't tell anyone until after I leave," Aspen said, before scurrying off.

***

Aspen was glad to be so close to her family, again. She stood outside of the house her parents had bought, admiring the lovely exterior. The house seemed ridiculously large for a simple family of four, but with a sick child, space was something that may have been needed terribly. Aspen enjoyed the painted white windowsills that she thought gave the house a classic beauty that she didn't have in Belgium.

Aspen, slowly, crept up to the front door in hopes that her mother of father would answer her. She breathed out once, before knocking on the elegant, wooden door. She heard footsteps coming near the door, making her heart pound.

What if this isn't your family? What if they don't want to see you? The voice in Aspen's head seethed, as the front door slowly crept open. Aspen let out a small, excited squeal as her mother let out tears of joy. "Mama!" Aspen squealed, wrapping her arms around the thin-figured woman she had thought she looked exactly like. "Oh my darling, fille," Her mother said, in her thick French accent.

"Your father will happy to see you, Aspen!" Her mother often spoke in broken English, since she wasn't fluent in the language at all. Aspen remembered teasing her mother, for not being able to remember simply English phrases. "Where's Akia?" Aspen automatically asked, feeling a sense of worriment after her mother's happy expression turned sour.

"He not too well. Your father say he's not going to make, but your magic save him, yes?" Aspen's heart rate slowed as she thought about her brother dying. "Is he going to die?" Aspen muttered, looking down at her mother's sunset orange dress that her mother had only wore on special events.

"Your father say Akia not going to make it likely," Her mother seemed so hurt by it, even though she spoke odd utterance about it. "May I see him?" Aspen asked, trying her best to hide her emotions.

***

So after this book ends, I will be only doing Harry Potter inspired book, so I do apologize for that. Also, I haven't published anything on this account for so long and I'd like to apologize for that too. However, I'm planning to at least finishing this book so hopefully that will keep this account still running. However, really please forgive my long phrase of writer's block, I do believe that it is completely out of my system now. Oh, also, this is unedited but I really just made this chapter so you guys didn't think I was dead or something. I'll edit it before next update.

Love,

A very terrible, sorry author.