12. Weird Ass Pink Panther

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about?" He smirked.

Oh hell no? Is he seriously playing the dumb card?

"I'm talking about the overgrown toddlers that you keep sending to my job! The paid off hospital bills, the phone calls from unknown numbers, the new staff; are you saying you had nothing to do with any of that?" I scoffed while shaking my head. I paced around the room, looking for something to throw at his head.

"Are you seriously mad because I paid a couple bills and referred a restaurant to my friends?" He asked, amusement laced his tone. Psycho grinned at the clear display of mind games. I found a golf club by the wall and wagged it in Lucien's face.

"Shut the fuck up, Lucien! Go pay a hundred bills, I don't care. You can do anything you want just leave me out of it. And tell your overcompensating, weird ass pink panther wannabe, friends that a four hundred dollar tip is not how you remain undercover. In fact, don't send them when I'm working because I know you've figured out my schedule." I inched closer, the end of the club centimeters from his face. He remained calm as if this was normal behavior. "And tell your creepy clone to stop grinning like a fucking Cheshire cat. It's weird."

Who are these freaks?

"Harper, we both know why I paid your bills." He chanced a glance at Psycho who was treating this altercation as a soap opera. "And if you don't calm down, I'll have to pay another-"

I never heard the rest of his statement.
----
Lucien
*
I knew messing with Harper was a bad idea. A little part of me wanted to take care of her and I should have anticipated her anger. What I didn't expect was for her to faint right in my arms.

"What the fuck kind of mind trick was that? Can you teach me? I would kill to make bitches fall asleep on command." Cree mused eagerly, I gritted my teeth and threw the golf club at him.

"She passed out, you dick. Help me get her to my car." I growled out. He immediately sobered up and we made our way through my private exit. I shifted Harper in my arms, her frail body hung limp.

"Who is she?" Cree asked out as we rushed her into the backseat of my car.

"Her name is Harper." I gritted out. He hummed a response, not believing a word I said. I didn't have time to dwell on his suspicions. I was too worried about Harper, more specifically, our baby. As much as Harper irritated my soul, I would do anything to make sure she and my child were safe. Even if it meant us arguing about every bill or tip. I was attached to this baby and I haven't even met her yet.

Cree wove through the streets like the madman he lived up to be. I sat in the back with Harper's limp form in my lap. Her breathing was shallow but her pulse seemed to be strong. For a second, I thought I could see our baby move.

Focus stupid.

"I caught that. I meant to you." He glanced through the mirror, I avoided eye contact for a moment.

"Just someone." I muttered. He glared at me just as he pulled up at the emergency room. He didn't have time to question me before I was carrying Harper through the hospital doors. A nurse immediately took notice and ushered me to a bed. I rattled off all I knew.

"She's pregnant." I added as I sucked in a large breath. She nodded as she wheeled Harper back. I sighed and leaned against the wall and willed my heart to steady. I mentally kicked myself for purposely working her up.

You knew that she's carrying your child and still decided to make her angry.

You're a dick, Roma. A huge fucking STD covered dick.

She's probably going to make my life a living hell after this.

A solid hand that I knew to be my brother's clamped onto my shoulder. I chanced a peek at his face. The confusion etched onto his usually stoic mask was unsettling. I knew that I was going to have to come clean after this. There was no way I could talk him into keeping this a secret without any information.

Instead of launching into interrogation, Cree simply pulled me into a hug. I never uttered a word of importance about this girl but, he sensed that I needed comfort. I truly did. As my brain wandered to the health of my baby, my body was weakening. My own anger started to course through my body with each passing doctor. I was about to lose it when an older man attempted to invade my personal space.

"Mr. Everson?" He asked while glancing between us.

"Mr. Myles, I'm... a friend of Harper's." I chose my word carefully. He nodded in understanding.

"Ms. Everson is going to be fine, though I am a bit worried about a few of her levels." I glanced at Cree before nodding for the doctor to continue. "Her blood pressure is a bit high which could potentially be a problem later on. Make sure she keeps that down to lower her risk of preeclampsia. She also seems to be anemic. I'm not sure if she's discussed things with her prenatal doctor or not but, I'd strongly suggest increasing her iron supplements as well. We want to ensure that you have a healthy girlfriend and baby."

Caught off guard, I muttered a thank you to the doctor. He clapped me on the shoulder and walked away. I was just about to sigh in relief when Cree stopped me.

"Baby?" He glared.

Oh shit.