12. Weird Ass Pink Panther

Start from the beginning

I spun around and attempted to keep my walk from showing my true feelings. Panic slowly started to take over. This was the second time someone has cleared our inventory this week. This time, we were lucky since it was close to closing.

I wonder if Shelby remembers what they look like.

"Boss, we have a situation." I sang.

"What is it?" She sang back.

"We got another clear out." I replied, popping a few chocolate chips in my mouth. "Extra cinnamon bomb, too."

"You're kidding?" She stared at me while I shook my head. "Who are these people?"

I shrugged. I had no way of knowing. This was the first time I've had to serve them. My boss sighed and went to talk to the table full of men. I busied myself boxing up our inventory and prepped the oven. Boss came back in with a smirk on her face.

"Same as last time, said they've been trying to catch you." She folded her arms over her chest.

Me?

Why would they want me?

"I'm not sure, keep it up though." She nudged my shoulder. I sighed out before peeking at the men. One of them looked like someone I used to know. His almost colorless eyes twinkled with a familiar mischief. He drew me in and captivated me, almost like someone else I knew.

No.

I glared through the glass feeling my anger rise. Shoving the rest of the inventory into the remaining boxes, I set out to get answers. I retrieved my things and called out to my boss. She gave me a worried look as I slid out the back door.

Disregarding my seatbelt, I sped out of the parking lot. I had to give someone hell and safety was not going to keep me from it. I just knew from the spots swirling in my vision that by blood pressure had skyrocketed. The heat wrapped around my neck as my free leg shook. I was going to let him have it.

Completely disregarding the impressively agile desk attendant, I went straight to the elevator. I let out some of my frustration on the poor door close button. The many, many curse words that swirled through my head helped to pass the time. By the ding of the elevator, my opening and closing arguments had already been established.

I stormed past another desk attendant and a few other employees. They stood around with quizzical expressions that were going to change to shock once I hurled their boss down the elevator shaft. Not bothering to knock, I barged into the now familiar office where two eerily similar men sat laughing.

Too bad this is the last laugh they'll share.

"You sick bastard! You had me followed?" I roared, slamming the door behind me. The two men jumped, clearly not expecting an angry woman to interrupt their good time.

"Fratellone. ¿Quién es?" The seemingly unmarked one asked, eyeing me with a cool expression. He didn't seem phased by my outburst which was a clear sign that he was a psycho. I, on the other hand, became intrigued by the casual language switch. It actually turned me on, in an attractive, trilingual crazy kind of way. They proceeded to have a silent conversation which only heightened my annoyance. I opened my mouth to yell out my frustrations when Lucien cut in.

"A woman who needs to calm down." Lucien stated evenly, his eyebrow lifted with a silent challenge.

"You don't get to tell me to calm down! You didn't want anything to do with me, so you don't get to send your walking wet wipes to come check on me!" I yelled, walking closer to his face. Psycho snickered at my rant as Lucien ran a hand over his face.