The Best of Ridgeway

Chapter 1: The Best of Ridgeway

It was a lovely day today. I was out riding my bike in the streets of London. I had a delivery to do for my father’s dry cleaner. The delivery was to some rich school called Ridgeway.

 As I got closer to it I took notice of the building’s massive size. The school was about twice as large as my school. Everything impressed me here it was wonderful!

I walked in trying to look for the person I needed, and I ended up in the cafeteria. It was incredible! It was a very nice decorated cafeteria with nice tables and chairs. The food looked delicious. It was cooked and served by professional chefs. It smelled wonderful!

My thoughts were interrupted when a student walked in, “Hey everyone! Lenny Foster is about to jump off the top of the building! Come on.” Lenny Foster ah! That’s my guy. I followed everyone outside to see if I would find him.

I saw at the top of the building a guy standing with blood all over his face.

“C’mon just jump off already. Yeah c’mon.” I heard various people say these horrible things it made me sick.

I went inside the building to find a way to the roof I couldn’t stand to hear anymore.

I finally got to roof the boy was still standing near the edge ready to jump, and there was a group of guys standing back waiting for him to do it.

I yelled out his name, “Lenny! Wait! Sir I have your delivery!” the boy turned to look at me and he said, “After I’m dead you can charge it at my house”. He said this with all seriousness. “After your dead? Are you really going to jump? But why?” I asked him. “This school” is all he said. “You want to die because of this school?” I asked again “This is not a school. People here are horrible. Its hell in here.” I was shocked by his words. “No hell is outside this school. Do you know how hard it is to get in this school?” after I said he just looked at me and said, “It’s not worth it” and with that he jumped. I yelled and ran to catch him. Luckily I caught his arm. I wasn’t gonna let him die.

The News

Everyone is talking about the young lady who rescued a student from jumping of the building school, Ridgeway. She is seen as a hero and brave for she was not a student at Ridgeway, but a delivery girl form a dry cleaner. They call her ‘Wonder Women’.”

The People

“This is outrageous! These students should be expelled for their actions.”

“This school isn’t even as great school it’s only for people with money.”

“This is unacceptable. I will no longer be shopping at Ridgeway mall”

Anne’s [President Twist] P.O.V

I watched as the news channel would talk about the incident that happened in my school. I don’t know how this got out of hand. This had never happened before. Something must be done before my reputation is ruined.

“I can’t stand this nonsense! Secretary do something about!” “Miss we are doing everything we can but the people seem to side with the student.” “Then the person who started this must end it”.

I had no other choice but to offer a scholarship to the girl. I sent my secretary to go find out where she lived so the news would be delivered. I would go myself but I’d rather not. All I worry about is my beloved son, Harry. I must keep his name clean.

Nicole’s P.O.V

Several days had passed since the incident at the school happened. The paparazzi followed me everywhere. For a couple of moments I enjoyed it, but I got tired after a while. Those flashes and the million questions they would ask ugh! I was done.

I was finally home ready to sleep since tomorrow was school. I walked in “Mom, I’m home!” I noticed there was a man in a suit sitting on the couch. “Ah there she is!” my mother said as she pulled me towards the living room. “Nicole this gentleman came to tell us that you’ve been given a scholarship to Ridgeway!” “What?” Ridgeway me? I don’t think so. I wasn’t going to go the school after what happened. “I won’t go.” “Nicole!” my mother yelled “You WILL go because I say so”. “Please excuse her sir she’s usually not like this. She will definitely be attending tomorrow thank you”. With that the man left. After he left my mum turned to talk to me. “Nicole stop being so silly. Many people wished they had this opportunity” “I don’t care I don’t want to go” “Nicole you know how expensive school is. You’re lucky. Now, you’re going and that’s final!” “But mum” “No buts”. I went to my room angry at my parents for making me go. I could hear the sound of my mum, dad, and brother cheering. They were quite happy with the news, I wasn’t.

*The Next Day*

My dad was driving me to the dumb school. I can’t believe I’m actually going. What a pain.

When we got there I got out of the car, and said goodbye to my dad. I closed the door and the worst thing happened. “It’s the dry cleaner Fabre! Come to the dry cleaner Fabre. Dry cleaner Fabre!” the megaphone of the car kept ringing. Everyone kept looking my way laughing. It was embarrassing enough to come here in our delivery van and now this. Great! I made a face signaling my dad to leave already before it got worst.

I was walking and I watched as the students would brag to each other about their expensive accessories and stuff. What a pain.

I was looking for the pool since I love to swim so I thought I’d do that. I was following a map, and it said it was at the back of the school, so I decided to go there. I was distracted by what sounded like someone playing music, and I was right. I encountered a guy playing a lovely song on the piano. I admired the beautiful sounds and the way he played. He looked beautiful. he took notice of my presence since he stoped playing and turned to look at me. “Am sorry to bother, but umm do you know where the pool is?” I asked awkwardly. he pointed to the right without saying a word. “Ahh ok thank you.” I gave him a small smile and left. Ugh Nicole you're so dumb.

I walked in back to the school. I found my locker and left my stuff there. Class hadn’t started yet. I guess they started whenever they want to. What a school.

***************************************************

Hello readers! Here's the first chapter. I hope you like it, and will be updating maybe two more chapters today. Well I hope you enjoyed. Please comment and vote I'd love that. Thank you. xx