01 - Questions and Coffee

Start from the beginning

Lydia was originally going to be tagging along with Stiles to pick us up from the airport. At the last minute, her mother claimed that she needed Lydia's help with something, so she sent Scott with Stiles instead. Personally, I didn't mind that Scott was here. 

"It's an airport, Scott. A ton of people are here every day. I'm pretty sure that the planes don't arrive exactly on time." 

"Well, what time is it? They're late."

Stiles sighed, "Four and a half minutes late. Not that big of a deal. We've survived two months without Chloe. I think we can wait a couple more."

"Why did Lydia call her? We were handling everything."

"Derek went back to being fifteen years old and we found out that Kate is still alive as a were-coyote. We went all the way to Mexico. Someone stole one hundred and seventeen million dollars from the Hale Vault."

"But we handled it."

"Barely," Stiles said. "Chloe is, like, the glue in our pack-"

"She has her own pack now." 

"She may be an Alpha now, but she's still part of our pack."

Aiden slowed down until he was walking at the same pace as Isaac and me. "Alright, where's our ride?" He dragged his suitcase behind him. "I don't feel like walking this whole airport to find them."

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Despite the bickering between Scott and Stiles, I hadn't been able to figure out where they were in the airport. 

"Why don't you call Stiles?" Isaac suggested.

I shook my head. "No, I don't want them to know we are coming. I want it to be a surprise when they see us." 

"Well, I don't want to search this whole place for them because you won't call them." Aiden sharply turned and cut off several people until he was able to lean up against a wall. 

I heaved a sigh, following him. "Just give me a minute. Let me see if I can figure out where they are." I closed my eyes to help me concentrate on their voices. 

"You don't have to." Isaac nudged me in my side.

My eyes flashed open. Isaac pointed straight ahead. Standing in a waiting area near the food court, Stiles stood with his back to us and holding a paper cup in his left hand. There were a couple of other people near where he was standing.

My hand on the handle of my suitcase fell down to my side. One of Isaac's hands stretched out to tug the strap of the backpack off of my shoulder. He must have known what I was about to do. 

Unable to hold back the enormous grin on my face, I pressed my lips together for a second before I loudly shouted, "Stiles!" 

My voice carried all throughout the vast area of the airport. Several people stopped walking or talking to look in my direction, curious to know why I was yelling. Everyone simply stopped and stared at me. None of that mattered to me, though. The only thing that mattered was the look on Stiles' face when he spun around. 

His upper torso turned around first before the rest of his body followed. Stiles had been looking out of a large window. A plane was starting to take off down the strip far off. The plane was no longer on Stiles' mind now that he was focused on me. 

Stiles' eyes searched through the crowd of people until they settled upon me. The biggest smile I had ever seen fell upon his face at the sight of me. Without a second thought, I burst into a run through the horde of people.