Chapter 17: The Third Challenge

Start from the beginning

I nod quickly.

"Miss Granger is going to be under the impression that you are one of her most feared enemies, but it's just a spell. Your objective: Convince her that it's you."

"How do I do that?" I ask helplessly.

"That's for you to figure out, and I'm sure you already know the answer."

"You've done it before, Mr. Malfoy," MacGonagall says. I furrow my brows.

Done it before? No I haven't...

"It's very simple, but it will take some convincing," the woman continues. "When you say something that you would normally say to her, to Miss Granger it will sound more like a death threat."

I turn my head quickly as the doors start to open. I look back at the woman.

"Use common knowledge, Mr. Malfoy," she says, and she rushes to the sidelines where they are casting a protection shield to block spells from hitting the students in the stands. I stand center stage and wait.

*HERMIONE--------------------------------------------

"What'd you do to me?" I ask cautiously. He ignores me and puts his wand away.

"WHAT'D YOU DO TO ME?" I yell.

"Settle down, Miss Granger," he says impatiently. "It's just a minor spell for the challenge." I hear the creak of the doors and I turn to see them opening slowly. The man pushes me forward.

"It's showtime, dearie." He pushes me into the arena and the cheering dies immediately.

I walk in slowly and see one person in the middle.

"YOU!" I shriek. I immediately pull out my wand.

*DRACO--------------------------------------------

I must be someone horrible.

"Hi," I say sheepishly.

*HERMIONE----------------------------------------------------

"Why, the Mudblood decided to show," she says with her high-pitched voice, and an evil smile washes across her pale face. I walk toward her immediately and point my wand at her throat.

"Don't you dare call me a Mudblood, you bitch."

*DRACO-----------------------------------------------------

It feels like third year all over again with Hermione and her wand at my throat..

"Don't - don't kill me, Hermione," I say. What else am I supposed to do! Think, Draco, think... And I never called her a Mudblood!

*HERMIONE--------------------------------------------------

"You gonna kill me, dearie?" she sniggers.

"Tell me where Draco is," I snap.

*DRACO---------------------------------------------------

"Hermione, I'm right here." I shift on my feet. "I haven't gone anywhere."

*HERMIONE-------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, that pathetic boy? Guess he's gone..." she says.

"HE WAS JUST HERE! WHAT'D YOU DO, DROP IN AND TAKE HIM AWAY, THEN COME BACK?"

*DRACO-----------------------------------------------------

"Listen, I'm not sure who you think I am, but I'm gonna help you," I say. "I'll...help you find him," I say after she screams in my ear.

*HERMIONE---------------------------------------------------------