Chapter 22

Vania POV

Today was the Varsity vs Ducks. This is gonna be a hell of a game. "This is for Hans." Charlie said. We all went to the ice and touched it as the announcer said why we were touching the ice. When we touch the ice we are showing our respect for him. 

We all go back to the bench where Orion is. "All right, let's go hunting for goose eggs huh? Come on, hands in. On three, quack." We all smiled. "One, two, three, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack," Soon the crowd joined in. "quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, goooo Ducks." The crowd cheered as we went onto the ice to start the game. 

We all got into position. Banks went to center.The puck was dropped and the game began. Reilly checked Banks and he went down. Varsity got the puck and started towards the net. Julie saved the shot. Varsity got the puck again. Goldberg used his skate as the Varsity tried to score, saving the goal. Julie goes down and gets the puck. The whistle is blown and everyone backs away.

Charlie went to center. The puck was dropped. Charlie pushes Reilly down. I got the puck. I duck down as a Varsity came and ran into the board. Than another comes, I duck again. Fulton came and body checked that guy and than another one came and body checked him into the board. I loose the puck to Varsity and they try to score. Julie saved the goal. Charlie has the puck and rounded the net. Reilly checked him into the board. Varsity has the puck. They try scoring but Julie saved it. Charlie than hits the puck over to the Warrior side. The goalie, Scooter, gets the puck and gives it to a team mate. Varsity has the puck and try shooting but Julie saved it again. This time I have the puck but of course I get flipped over and land on the ice. Damn. Varsity has it but Averman, Guy and Goldberg defend the goal. The puck finally goes over to the other side. We all go after it. Guy shoots but Scooter saved it. Julie saved another goal. Me and Guy get pushed to the side as they shoot. But Julie saved it again. Julie goes down and has the puck in her hands. The players back off.

The buzzer goes and it is now period two. They change it up a bit. Luis comes over to where I am and smiles, getting ready. I smile back and do the same. The puck is dropped and all hell breaks loose. Banks flies over a Varsity player and lands on the ice. They kept pushing, and tripping and checking and a whole bunch of shit whenever one of us got the puck. I got the puck and start going down the ice. Speeding my way down. Than out of nowhere two Varsity players come up and bend down in front of me and I dive roll over the both of them. I landed hard with a big thud. The crowd booed and were yelling. Damn that hurt. I got back up and into the game. Averman gets pushed into the board too many times. So me and Fulton take him off. He looked a little out of it. Julie got tripped when she was out of the net and Varsity had it. They were about to score when Julie dived in and caught the puck before it went into the net. We all cheered. Guy had the puck when a hug ass Varsity player comes and he took the blow hard.. Orion was yelling saying to the refs to call that. The refs finally blew the whistle and came to see what happened. I was kneeling beside Guy same with the others. Guy got up and was helped off by paramedics. The crowd clapped as he did.

We started the game again with only 15 seconds left of period two. Charlie got the puck and was going down center. He was making a break away. Just as he shot the buzzer went off. We all went into the locker room.