Chapter 31: Heartbroken

Rose's POV:

"I LOVE HIM!" I screamed, throwing my pillow across the room and bringing my hands to cover my face. I haven't seen nor communicated with Niall since the day of the incident. Which , by the way, was all Harry's fault. There was a bubbling pot of hatred for that curly hair boy brewing in the pit of my stomach. I could feel it churning, and churning..

Tears rolled down my face one by one.

"It's going to be alright." Amber cooed as Marrissa rubbed my back soothingly. My bestfriends could always help me cheer up but at this moment, nothing could, not even them. I violently cried into my pillow for hours upon hours until I needed to go to the restroom or gather food to eat then and later as well. There was one thing I learned through this whole thing: heartbreak is torture.

Heart•break (härt'brāk') - intense and overwhelming grief, esp. through disappointment in love

That definition was true but I have a customized one.

Heart•break (härt'brāk') - the feeling of having your heart ripped out by the one you truly loved at one point and you despise them for putting you through such pain but you love them with all your remaining heart's pieces at the same time; the want of your other half but not allowed access because of separation; the confusion of loving and hating someone for something both of you couldn't make work

Is that definition good enough?

Does it describe by hurt?

Does it describe how empty I feel?

Does it describe the ache in my heart?

"NO ITS NOT GOING TO BE OKAY." I spat at my pals. I was sorry about doing that but at the same time I wasn't. They were lying to me. They were saying that my broken heart was going to be mended, but I knew better. Amber enveloped me in a hug, rocking me back and forth, silencing my sobs.

"H-he said that he believed that I-I loved h-him and n-now h-he wasn't so s-s-sure about it." I croaked, letting Amber cradle me like I was a baby.

Grow up Rose. Get over him.

Yeah right. How can I do that?

Great. Now I was mentally fighting with myself.

You go up to him and apologize.

I can't just do that.

Oh yes you can.

No I can't.

"Rose , you okay?" Rissy's voice broke me from my short trance. I nodded quickly but I saw in her face that she didn't believe me. Then, she left, coming back minutes later with a steaming mug of tea with honey. Just like I love it. I sat upwards and croaked a thank you in her direction. I sipped at the hot cup, snuggling with it, then backing away because of its heat.

Hey guys! Um I thought I'd say sorry for the bad ending of this chapter. But what do you think? Of Niall? Of Harry? Of any character? Please be active :)

~Hailey