ii. Don't Waste Your Fucking Time

"What happened?" Dec asked when had given Ant a cup of tea. Ant's hands started to shake immediately. Dec took his cup, put it on the table and pulled Ant in his arms. Ant breathed in Dec's scent and relaxed a bit. "The demon." Ant whispered. "What?!" Dec asked in shock and he felt his eyes tear up. "The demon came to me tonight, Dec." Ant said. He wanted to cry, but his eyes were as dry as they could be. Ant felt how Dec wrapped his arms around him a little bit tighter. Suddenly Ant realised what is was that made him rather be with Dec than with Lisa. Why did he have to realise this now?!

"Come on, I'll bring you home. You should be with Lisa right now." Dec said, throat dry. He didn't want to cry. And he didn't want Ant to leave, but it was not his choice. Ant needed to be with his wife during his last 24 hours. "I don't want to." Ant answered. "What?" Dec thought he hadn't heard it right. "I don't want to be with Lisa." Ant repeated. "When people asked me what I wanted to do the last day of my life, I always told them I would want to be with the person I love, and enjoying every second we still were together." Ant told. "But I don't want that person to be Lisa." Dec thought he knew where this was heading, but he didn't want to believe it. Ant pulled himself out of the hug and looked Dec in the eyes. "I've never realised it until now, but I'd rather be with you the next 24 hours, Dec." Ant said. Dec covered his eyes with his hands. "Anth..." he whispered. "We can't do this. You have to tell Lisa the demon came to you. She deserves that. She loves you." "And you?" Ant asked. "Do you love me?" He asked. Dec did love Ant. He loved Ant more than anything or anyone in this entire world. "I do." He whispered. "I do, but you can't leave Lisa now. Not now." Dec said. "I'm going home. I need to see Lisa." Ant said coldly and he walked to the door. "Ant!" Dec said, but Ant didn't listen.

"What did I do?" Dec whispered and he slid down the wall until he sat on the ground, knees against his body and face in his hands. "I love you Ant, please come back, I can't live without you." Dec said while the tears rolled down his cheeks.

What are you still doing here? Get the fuck up and go see him. Tomorrow this time he's gone. Forever. Don't waste your fucking time.