Prologue

(To see Thomas point of view go to zj_dreamclawz )
-------------------------------------------------------
You know that feeling you get when you meet a kind person when you're having an off day. Well the year was 2006 month December date 25th. Many know the day is Christmas but I know the day as the day I met him the only one who ever cared. My family never cared they would always beat me and call me freak because I was different. I was like my grams. Grams and I had powers passed through generations by this which I never knew her name though. Now because of this and the fact that the rest of my family my mother, father, and older brother didn't have this power they would treat me as if I wasn't a part of the family. They didn't care how would affect me in the future. I guess that's why I'm so shy now barely ever speak up or say anything.

December 25, 2006. I was crying on the side of the street outside my house. After I had gone through another harsh beating. I was brushed head to toe. Then he walked bye. A strange boy whom I have never met before same age as me eight to be exact. He walked up to me and just stared. I had gotten used to people staring at my brushes so I thought nothing of it. He then pointed to my eyes and said " you cry" " what for" " what has made ye cry so much". I looked at him for a second he was only eight but spoke as if he had lived many years ago. Then my head slowly turn towards my house. Right then I knew he understood everything except for why. He then sat down next to me. He then began to tell me how he had moved into this neighborhood December 19 and how he was adopted. I could tell he was trying to change the subject for my sake. He stayed with me till nightfall. I wanted to keep talking forever I didn't want to go back to my life. Thankfully we hung out every day, I would go to his house. His adopted parents were rich and mostly away. So we would have the house all to ourselves. We would hang out till nightfall every day. He would keep a eye on my brushes making sure more didn't pop up but of course they did. The first day I went to his house he told me his name was Thomas and I said mine was Luna.