19

"How many times have I told you to stop making such a mess?" I say with an annoyed tone, sweeping up the magnitude of crumbs on the floor underneath Simon.

"I'm sorry, babe. Just a bad habit." He shrugs it off. But I've had enough.

"No! No, not just a bad habit! I'm not picking up after you anymore. Leave a mess one more time and you'll be sorry."

He looks at me with a bewildered expression, just as surprised as I am by my sudden moodiness. "Ok, it won't happen again." He states, his eyes following me as I heavily sigh and walk back to the kitchen.

I take out a Clorox wipe and start wiping down the already spotless counter, convinced that there are still germs all over it.

Simon glances over his shoulder and sees me, then he starts to laugh. "Babe, you just cleaned that ten minutes ago."

"A lot can happen in ten minutes! It could be covered in germs!" I yell.

"Adele, the house will disappear if you keep cleaning it like this."

"When will you realize that germs are everywhere and I have to get rid of them to keep everyone safe?"

"Safe from what? A cold? You can't get rid of every single germ, baby."

I take another wipe, hide it behind my back, and walk over to him. When he looks back to the football game, I take it and wipe his face down with it.

He grabs my arm and says, "Adele! What was that for?"

"I can't believe I missed the biggest germ in this place."

He stares at me with his mouth open. "My face is burning!"

"That means it's working!" I gleefully say, walking back into the kitchen and finishing what I started.

He shakes his head and mumbles under his breath as he walks into the bathroom to wash his face.

When he comes back, I sit on the couch next to him and say, "Hold me."

He looks at me and says, "Aren't you mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you? I love you." I say, resting my head on his warm and comforting chest.

He places his arm around me and pulls me closer to him protectively. I feel much more safer and peaceful, which causes me to drift off into a content sleep.

"Wake up sleepyhead." I hear his deep voice say a few hours later.

I slowly open my eyes and shake my head. "I don't want to get up."

"We're just going to bed, darling, it's not morning."

I think about it for a moment. Is it worth going upstairs just to sleep in my own bed? No. "Will you carry me?"

He laughs. "Adele, come on, baby. Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm just tired." I say, closing my eyes again.

He sighs and kisses my cheek. "Anything for you, my love."

I smile and sit up. He stands up and holds out his arms, lifting me from the couch and carrying me up the stairs.

He lays me in bed, kissing my forehead and whispering, "I love you."

"I love you too." I answer, opening my eyes again to see him leaving.

"Where are you going?" I ask, sitting up in bed.

"Home, baby. I'll be back tomor-"

"Simon, you are home."

"What?"

"Move in with me. This is your home now."

"Are you serious?"

"Why would I joke about that? I love you, I need you. Stay."

He grins and nods. "Ok, ok I will."

"Now come lay down with me." I say with a joyful smile.

He changes into a pair of pajamas he already had left in the guest room and then comes back.

I watch him climb into bed next to me, and I immediately feel like everything is right in the world. This is how I'm supposed to spend every night.

"Goodnight." He says, holding me against him.

"Goodnight." I tiredly answer, falling right back asleep.

It's the first of many memorable nights with the love of my life.

*

Moodiness.

Feeling unreasonably tired.

Sore.

Nauseous.

Needy.

Clingy.

I had it all, and that could only mean one thing.