Façade

It was hard to hear anyone talk over the loud music, screams of children and laughter. Talon sighed as he turned away from his friend Finn who currently had a girl perched on his lap. She was the typical desperate teenager with platinum blonde hair, bright blue eyes and makeup caked face. If Talon looked a little closer, he count each individual rib under her extremely short crop top. The girl let out a high pitched laughter which was obviously fake and pulled her top down lower so her rack so visible to everyone. Finn grinned and grabbed her butt as she pressed her rack against him and smiled with a flirty look in her hooded eyes. 

"Finny baby. Lets take this somewhere else" murmured the blonde into my friend's ear. Immediately, he cringed and shook his head.

"Just Finn sweetheart" he muttered. "None of that Finny stuff".

"Sure. I'll call you whatever you want me to". She was literally purring in his ear.

Recently, Talon was tired of picking up girls and dumping them the next day. All of them were super clingly and just wanted to be with him because he was JT. Not because of how we was as a person.

Suddenly, he heard a honey-like voice laugh in the background. His eyes found a beautiful brunette sitting beside another girl who was nodding at her friend's words. Most of the girls here wore clothes that barely covered anything but the brunette seemed like she knew her limits. She wasn't what a guy would categorize as 'hot' or 'sexy'. Instead, there was an unique glow about her that struck to him. She wasn't making out or checking out any passing guy like the blonde on Finn's lap.

As the blonde caught his eye, she winked and licked her lips. Before she could say a word, Talon turned away again and focused his attention back to the brunette.

Talon's focus was entirely on her that he didn't even see a guy approach her from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist. Well damn. Of course she would be taken. No guy would leave such a girl like her. Talon's frown turned into a look of surprise as the girl got to her feet and pushed him back harshly.

"Who are you to touch me? Back of Casanova!" Her tone was full of warning and annoyance.

"What's a beautiful girl like you doing alone? I could give you some company darling" the pervert grinned at her like she was a piece of meat.

Usually, Talon would see girls accept a guy's offer. He wasn't bad looking or anything. Instead, the brunette surprised him again.

"No thanks. Take your horny but over there or something", she pointed at the blonde who was standing by the concession stand pulling her skirt up.

The guy didn't seem to mind at all. "Be like that then. You would never get a guy like me", he wagged his eyebrows suggestively.

"Yeah. I would never get a guy like this. I know that already" she smiled at her. "I'd get better and you know why? You are a type of guy who doesn't know how to treat a girl with the honor she deserves. I have standards". She had a wicked look in her eye but her tone was sweet and polite.

He was stunned as his mouth hung open.

"Catching flies? No?  Then close that mouth, honey" she murmured to him. With that, she grabbed her friend's arm and walked away.

Even Mitch was staring at her. "Damn, that was pretty hot" he grinned.

Talon didn't even hesitate as he got up and walked up her to her. " I saw how you handled that guy over there. Pretty impressive actually".

The girl didn't say anything for a moment. Then, she quietly muttered a thanks and ignored him. He was confused. Usually, girls would jump at the offer of talking to him. But her? She turned away!

Talon cleared his throat to get her attention. "So...do you come here often baby?"

She looked up and burst out laughing.

"Who says that anyways?" she tried to imitate his voice but it sounded like a senior with a hoarse throat "Maybe some old pervert at the street corner!" she managed to say as she laughed some more.

Talon's face flamed red. He was at a loss of words which had never happened before. Talon was always full of innuendos and had something to say. He remembered his grandpa saying to him that one day he will meet a girl who will leave him speechless. He had promised his grandpa that once he met her, he will always be with her. With that thought in mind, Talon smiled at her and introduced himself. Not as the football captain, JT Harrington. But as Talon. Just Talon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! And of course if Lindsey reads my story, then hello Lindsey. It would be an honor for her to read my short piece. Of course, I can never be as good as her, but I tried and I hope you all liked it! Please vote and comment so I know what you guys think. I worked really hard on this and I really hope I win. Fingers crossed! And anyone who hasn't read The CellPhone Swap, please read it because it is so good and my favorite book in the whole world. I told my friends about it and now they are addicted to it as well. Good luck Lindsey with you book and wish for the best. Thanks for this opportunity Lindsey and I hope everyone enjoyed this!

*I don't know if you caught this phrase: "So do you come here often baby?" Seem familiar? (Hint: Refer back to Lindsey's book in chapter one!)