"He's not a bad guy. He just made some bad choices. He was my dad's best friend. When my parents divorced, he swooped in and swept my mom off her feet. My dad's happy for them. I'm just indifferent to the situation"

"You know, it's not good to start a relationship of lies, right?" Bellamy commented through the speaker.

"Are you eavesdropping? I pay you to protect me not spy on me"

"Don't worry. I don't charge for eavesdropping"

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Have you ever been here?" Lexa asked as the car stopped in front Grounders. Clarke shook her head. "My friend Lincoln owns it. He'll make sure nobody will harass us"

"I thought this was a club"

"It used to be. Lincoln turned it into a restaurant when he bought it" Bellamy pulled up to the sidewalk. Gustus got out first, circling the car before opening the door. Lexa stepped out, holding her hand out for Clarke to take. Very few people noticed the pair walking towards the restaurant. Clarke could see the waitresses moving across the floor, carrying trays loaded with various types of breakfast foods, through the windows. The hostess caught sight of her and Lexa and practically ran to the door to meet them.

"And what do we owe the pleasure of having the Lexa Woods visit little old us?" Tris teased as the duo walked in the door.

"I figured you could use the press" Lexa shot right back, earning a smile from Tris.

"Did Lincoln know you were coming?"

"No. This was in the spur of the moment decision"

"I'll tell him you're here" Tris looked to see if Lexa's regular table was ready. "Caris, your favorite customer is here!" Caris jogged to the front of the building , grinning as soon as she saw Lexa standing there. Tris walked towards the back of the restaurant, leaving them alone.

"I missed you last month. No one could compete with the tips you always leave. I was short at least two hundred last month" Caris admitted, pulling Lexa into a hug then punching her in the arm. "Don't think I didn't see what you did last night. I told you not to go out with that girl in the first place, What's the point of asking for advice if you don't listen?"

"Lesson learned" Lexa said, rubbing out the soreness in her arm.

"Come on. We got your table ready" Caris led them to a booth in the corner of the restaurant, away from windows in the farthest position away from the front. Like the majority of the tables, this one was made of glass. Only the booth was seat was curved to fit in the corner , surrounded by three walls. The light above the table was separated in five different bulbs, hanging at multiple levels. " I already know what you want to drink. And you have yet to introduce me to the lovely blonde next to you"

"The last time I was here you were drooling over her music" Lexa responded, sliding into her seat. Bellamy and Gustus sat down at the nearest table to them, surveying for any unwanted guest.

"Yet this is how the universe works. I get to be her waitress and you get a date with her. Ain't that bout a bitch" Clarke watched their interaction, amused. " So what can I get you, Ms. Griffin?"

"Just coffee, and call me Clarke"

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I would appreciate a little warning before you come. I had to kick out three paparazzi like ten minutes after you guys got here" Lincoln announced, narrowing his eyes at Lexa as he approached their table. "Clarke, I presume?"

"Yeah" Clarke smiled at the man, outstretching her hand "I'm guessing you're Lincoln"

"The one and only" Lincoln shook her hand before turning back to Lexa. "I saw the video. How did Titus feel about that?"