7| Things CAN get worse.

The following Sunday after the party I didn't feel like talking to anybody. I had  loads of texts from Leah and Samantha but I didn't feel like responding. All I felt like doing was laying in bed and thinking about what happened. I decided I was going to do this all day until I got hungry and got up and went downstairs. The house was quiet and I was guessing no one was home which was odd that my mom wasn't home at this time of day but I shook it off and refocused on how how hungry I was. I went to the refrigerator and found nothing but drinks and knew I would have to go out today if I wanted something to eat. I went upstairs and did my hygiene thing and put on some black ripped jeans and a black short sleeve shirt with the arms rolled up. I threw on a hat because my hair was a mess and left the house. I needed some tator tots and I needed them pronto.

...

I pull up to Bernie's and got out only to see through the window Caroline Best and her gang and thought about turning around but I really wanted some tots so I didn't . I went in a felt the dirty stares that I got from Caroline's table so I decided to not even look her way. I went and ordered and was relived to see that it was Sandy working and not Alex, but I got stressed again once I seen Alex cooking. He looked up from cooking and I guess he had to look twice to notice me but before I could see his face expression I looked down and tried to act like I didn't even see him.

"What can I get you sweetie ?" Sandy said pulling out her notepad and standing in the way so Alex couldn't see me.

I smiled and ordered my tator tots and because she was standing in the way from Alex I didn't even get mad because she called me sweetie .  I went to my usual booth which was two booths away from Caroline's and sat and waited for my food. I didn't even notice that Alex was on the way bringing my food until Caroline hollered loud enough so I can hear "Alex come here." And smiled her evil smile. I rolled my eyes because she only did it because she thinks I like Alex but for her info I didn't even know him like that . To my amusement he held up a 'wait' finger and walked right pass her table and to mines.

"Thank you" I said lowly when he put the food down on the table. I was glad I wore a hat because he couldn't look down and stare at me like he could if I didn't have on a hat. I was relieved this little moment was over until he sat down across from me at the table. I looked up and he was staring directly into my face and my cheeks got hot. I looked over and saw Caroline  giving me dirty looks.

"So . " he began and I just sat there and stared at him."I'm sorry for ruining your party and starting that fight." I sat there still quiet and he still stared at me. "The fight was totally my fault and I'm sorry." He said pushing his hair back and getting up quickly like he had made a mistake by trying to talk to me.

"Alex." I said before he could fully get up and he turned back around so he could face me.

"Yeah ?" He said staring at me through his mysterious eyes making me uncomfortable.

"Why'd you guys fight anyways?" I said.

"Because I didn't like what he did to you ." He said looking away.

"I mean why though you don't know me , you don't know if I'm a bad person or whatever." I said getting a little mad that he probably ruined my relationship with Robbie.

"You're right I don't know you , and I know you're not a bad person but to be completely honest I didn't do it for you I did it for me and you will never understand why." He said and got up. "Enjoy your food." He said walking away and going to the table where Caroline was sitting at. I lost my appetite and I knew I was gonna cry soon so I threw some money on the table and ran pass Caroline booth where he was sitting talking to her and her friends and ran out. I felt stupid and still a little confused at the response I got from asking him why'd he fight Robbie. What did he mean he did it for hisself ?

I drove home and found Robbie's truck parked in front of my house and knew him and Cassandra was probably in the house doing whatever and because I didn't want to be hurt any more I started to back out the driveway to go to Samantha or Leah's house. I got halfway out of the driveway until I say Robbie get out of his truck and wave his hands behind my car. I wanted to run him over so bad but because I didn't feel like getting bailed out of jail I pulled back in the driveway and put the car in park . I didn't bother trying to pep talk myself  because I knew I would never be ready to face him. I got out and he walked over . With every step towards me my heart started to race . Robbie finally was right in front of me and I stared down at the keys in my hand.

"I'm sorry " he said. Right as soon as he said this tears began to roll down my cheeks.  I still stared at my hands . How could he think that sorry would fix what he did to me ?  He stood there still staring at me with his hands in his pockets waiting for me to say something but I couldn't . I wanted a hole to just appear under my feet and swallow me up . We stood there and the tension builded until my sister came out the house . I finally looked up to see Robbie's concerned eyes looking at me changing into joyful eyes looking at my sister.

"Hey babe." He said walking away from me and towards her . I quickly turned and got into my car I couldn't stay here and watch this horror in front of me.

I get in my car and back up quickly , leaving them behind in the driveway, kissing each other . I hated public kissing . Tears still streamed down my face as I drove around town . I didn't feel like talking to anyone so instead of confiding in my best friends I just drove around town , blasting music . Finally , after a while of driving I got tired and decided to go to Roast a small coffee shop in the middle of town . I loved coming here . It was a small family owned shop that had some of the best drinks in town . Plus the way it was decorated with comfy seats to sit at and a perfect corner for me to get lost in made it even better . I order my Fav a caramel frappe and took a seat in my favorite corner . All I could think about was the events that occurred last night and over the course of the day . What else could go wrong ?

After a hour of sitting there drinking my frappe getting lost in my own thoughts , I decide it's time to go home . It's late afternoon now and it's almost dark and I was so tired , all I wanted to do was to go home and sleep . The drive home was longer then usual , I drove in silence causing me to get lost in my own thoughts again . I finally pull up in the driveway only to find a expensive looking white car parked on the curbside . I already knew who it was , Mr.Tony . I sigh as I get out of the car and reluctantly walks up to the house .

"Kacey sweetie, come here" I heard my moms voice from the kitchen calling me . I roll my eyes as I slowly walk into the kitchen . Three pairs of eyes quickly look at me .

"Hi Kacey" I hear Mr.Tonys jolly voice greet me as he smiles and walks up to give me a hug . I hug him back feeling a little comforted from him genuinely being happy to see me .

"How are you girl ,it's been a long time since we actually talked !" He said looking me right in my eyes .

"I'm great , thank you " I said putting on a fake smile looking up at him . Mr.Tony was one of those ppl who could see right through lies , and he wasn't scared to press you about them either . He stood there staring at me in my eyes and gladly my mom cut him off just before I began to start sobbing .

"Kacey , this is Alex , the one you've been asking about. " she said grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer toward him . How embarrassing.

"We've met prior to this " I stated holding my head down embarrassed that she actually said I was asking about him . Alex stared down at me and then to the side not saying a word to me .

"Well" my mom started breaking the silence . "Alex is going to be staying with us for a lil while , Mr.Tony has some things he has to do and he doesn't want Alex all alone at the house." My heart began to beat fast . Staying with us ? For a while ? . "Oh.." I managed to get out my mouth still looking down , shocked ."well don't be rude honey , show him around the house . You make yourself comfortable sweetie" she said looking at Alex smiling. Just when I thought things couldn't get any crazier.