Chapter 1

I am standing in a small, cubical room, and all I can see is the flashlight pointing at me.

The room is otherwise completely dark.

I call out for whoever is there, but there is no reply.

I try to move, but I can't. It's like my feet are stuck to the ground. I try my best, but I can't lift my feet up.

I finally give up trying.

Suddenly, the flashlight turns off. I stand still, with no idea at all what's going to happen. For some strange reason, I am extremely calm. Even though I have no idea why I am here and can't remember anything, I am calm.

I have no idea who I am, where I am from and how I ended up in this room.

I am lost in my thoughts, unable to do something, when the room is filled with light. Light that is so bright that I can't even open my eyes.

After few moments, when my eyes are adjusted to the light, I look around the room. All I can see is a rectangular box sitting in front of me. More like a coffin, to be exact. I try to move, and to my surprise, I can.

I rush towards the coffin, and as curiosity fills inside me, I have this urge to open it. I try as hard as I can, and finally it opens. As I lift up the lid, I see someone is lying inside the box, eyes open. And that person looks not at all familiar.

I look at her face. She has long, blonde hair, a round face, soft, light brown skin, blue eyes, and small, pink lips. Bringing my hand to her face, I touch her. Her skin is nothing like it looks. It's rough, and really dry, instead of being soft.

I don't know what happens next, but it is like if someone else takes over me. Tears starts trickling down my cheeks, and the next thing I know, I am crying. I scream something, but I do not hear what I just said. I turn around, and I see another coffin. I aggressively open up the lid and I see the same face.

For a second, I feel as if I remember something about her, but the same thing happens. Someone takes over me, leaving me lying on the ground in pain.

...............

I sit up on my bed, breathing really hard. I again had that kind of a nightmare, the one I don't remember anything about. The kind of nightmare I am having for the past week.

I get up and walk around a little bit, trying to remember what that nightmare was about. For some reason, even though I have no idea what happened, I am scared. As if something bad is going to happen, and soon.

After sitting on my bed for half an hour and trying hard to remember my dream, I finally give up. I go downstairs to drink some water, and that is when I look at the time.

It is almost five. And I have to wake up in less than an hour for school. That means I will have to stop being worried, calm down and just sleep. Surely everything is going to be fine tomorrow.

I wake up by the sound of my alarm clock. I check the time and it is only 5:45. I still have an hour and a half till the bus comes. I sit on my bed, again trying to remember what I dreamed of. But there is no luck.

I glance at the clock again. 6:05 a.m. I really need to get moving.

After I am done with my shower and am making breakfast, I hear the school bus. I run upstairs to grab my bag, and then rush out of the house, leaving my omelette sitting on the table, untouched.

The bus is as usual full. But there is one seat at the back left for me. I slowly walk towards it, glancing at the students on the bus. No one from my grade. Everyone is a freshman.