Chapter 9

---Three days later---

Tonight was Friday- the night of the rumble. I was pumped. I wanted to get those damn socs out of our territory as soon as I could. I was in my room putting a lot of hair oil in  my hair. I normally never put any hair oil in so I knew my parents were going to be a little suspicious. I was wearing my most worn leather jacket, blue, ripped up jeans, and my favorite white tang top. I was also wearing my black pair of combat boots.

My sister was packing in the hair grease too. She was wearing a leather jacket, similar to mine and had on red lipstick and mascara. She was wearing a black shirt and jeans. Me and her were meeting the gang in a couple of minutes at the drive in. The rumble was at the vacant lot, so pretty far from my house. I was going to use a crone bar and my switch blade. Annie said she was using a chain and she had one on her. Everyone was in the dinning room so we were able to sneak out.  By the time we got there, everyone was waiting for us.

Sussie had her hair tied up in a bun and she was wearing a worn out jean jacket, carrying her ten inch switch blade. Mary had on heavy eye make up and her hair was pinned up. She was wearing black jeans and a loose black sleeved shirt, and had a pool stick in her hand. Mark was wearing a Mickey Mouse t- shirt and his favorite leather jacket. He had a switch blade and a piece of wire. Jack was wearing a red wind breaker with his hair greased up and combed back. He had a baseball bat in his hand, a dirty one in that matter.Norman was wearing what he usually wears, and he had a rusty chain his hand. Mike was wearing all black and his hair was combed back, but not greased. He had a switch blade and a chain. Jo had a black shirt on tat showed the muscles on his stomach. he had a broken piece of glass. Once we all discussed the rumble, we all headed down to the vacant lot.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

There was a fire at the lot. All the greaser gangs were gathered around it. I saw Vince and his gang. Everyone. Victoria, Josh Smith, Barren Green, Keith Wilmont, Joey Raft, Tony Rodriguez, and Jimmy Carelson.

''Hey Vince.''

''Sup Winston. You guys ready?''

''You know it.''

''You ready Mikey?''

''Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.''

''Okay then.'' I turned to my gang and talked to them.

''Annie, if you're in a jam just holler for me.''

''I will.''  Mary turned to her brother.

''Same with you Jack.''

''Whatever.''

Just as we were finishing up our group talk,all the socs came. I recognized a couple of them. I was Rickey Adderson. The girl my sister fought, the three who jumped us a couple days ago, and a whole bunch of them. We went up and faced them.

''You greasers ready? You're all gunna get yo -------- kicked.''

''We'll see pal.'' I said coldly and looked him dead in the eyes. This was the one I was going to  fight.

 ''I'll take you.'' The soc said and pointed his blade at me. The rumble started when Vince hit a socs in the face with a broken bottle. The soc tried to stab me but I blocked it and kicked him in the ribs. I took my crone bar and hit him square in the nose. I looked over to see if Annie was okay. She was strangiling some soc with a chain. The soc got up again. It was Charlie.

''You're gunna pay for that Winston.'' He said and jammed the knife right in my side. I coughed up blood and spit it in his face. I took my blade and stabbed him in his stomach. He fell to the floor and tried to breathe but I kicked him in the ribs again. I saw that Annie was having trouble so I ran to the soc she was fighting and hit her in he head with my crone bar.

''Thanks Ean.'' My sister ran off and continued fighting. My side was bleeding bad but I tried to shake it of. Charlie's friend, David came and hit my right in the knee with a chain. Okay; now I was mad. I jacked him in the mouth so hard a couple of his teeth came out. I saw Mike fighting someone but he was getting strangled with wire. I started over by him but Vince came and stabbed the soc. I was fighting as many socs as I could. I got a couple bruises and gashes, but so far I was only stabbed once.

''EAN!'' I heard my sister calling me. She was getting kicked in the head, and a soc was raising his knife to her. I ran over and elbowed him in the side, but I forgot the fact he had a knife on him. He took his knife and placed it right in my back. I fell down and the blood came rushing out. It hurt so bad.

Out of no where all the socs were running out of the lot.

''Look at 'em ------- run!'' Mark yelled.II looked around. There was blood all over the grass. All I felt was pain in my back and sides, but what really set a shiver over my spine was when Vince, Victoria, and Sussie were all around Mike with tears in their eyes. We all ran over there and what I saw almost made me  throw up.

Mike was laying on the floor with wounds all over his body. He was stabbed above the chest, on the neck, and in the ribs. Vince had a deadly look in his eyes.

''What the hell are you all starin' at? Call an ambulance!'' He screamed at us. Victoria was crying and Sussie was out of words. Annie and Mary ran to find a phone. I waled around and looked at my surroundings. Jack was on the floor bleeding. Norman could hardly walk. Mark was bleeding all over the side of his head. And I couldn't stop bleeding. Mark, me, Jo, and Norman were huddled around Jack.

''Vince Jack's down too.'' Jo told him.

''Don't worry. The ambulance will get 'im and Mikey.'' Vince assured him but it sounded like he was trying to assure himself. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I heard sirens. And sure enough a bunch of cop cars came through the lot. One cop got out.

''Are you kids alright?'' Before anyone could answer I couldn't stand up straight. Everything went blurry. I lost all feeling in my legs and then the floor met my face, hard. And everything went black.