"Hi Koby

"Hi Koby." I say, smiling at him.

"I'ma gone head to class Kay." Nicki says taking my book bag with her & walking to class.

"I um, I haven't seen you in school in like a week." He says frowning slightly.

"Yeaah, I've been busy with some things." I tell him, not sure if I should tell him the real reason as to why I wasn't in school.

"Things" he asks.

"Personal things." I say, wanting to get off of the subject.

"Oh okay, well you haven't been texting me back either. I wanted to know if we could go out again?" He says, making me glad that he changed the subject.

"I'm sorry, I haven't really been texting anyone lately." I lie. "Um, yeah we can go out again. I don't mind" , I smile at him.

"Ite, this Saturday?"

"Yeah sure." I say.

"Ite then, see you Kay." , he says walking off just in time for the bell to ring.

Smiling, I calmly walk into class ignoring the fact that I was late. Walking towards my seat beside Nicki, ignoring the many curious stares from students I sit down.

"Kailani your late." My teacher, Mrs.Carlton says.

"I know ma'am, I'm sorry." I tell her, pulling my book out.

"You've been absent for quit sometime, I take it you know you have a lot of work to make up?" She asks, looking at me from above her glasses.

"Yes ma'am." I nod, and begin to do my work.

20 minutes into doing my work, I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Taking my phone out, I see I have a message.

Life : yo hard headed ass in school yet?

- Hard headed? But yes sir, I am.

Life : yea hard headed like I said

- how am I hard headed?

Life : stop txt'n me, do yo damn work that you wanted to go to school to do so bad. ✌🏽️

- You seem upset?

Life : 🖕🏾

Shaking my head at his pettiness, I place my phone on my desk and continue to do my work.

******** End of the day.

"I'ma stop by your house today Kay." Nicki says, walking me to my car.

"Alright." I say, hugging her and watching her walk to her own car before getting into mine.

About to start my car, I STOP when I see that there was a note attached to my steering wheel. Snatching it off, I read it..