Chapter 1 - uno.

CHAPTER 1

{ Seline's POV }

I gave the room another glance. My eyes widened at the blue, white and red hues which decorated the room. Personally, I think I did a pretty good job. She'd totally love the American flag thing. Obviously, since, you know, Amanda was American. She'd be arriving any moment and I wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for her coming. I was certain that'd we'd get along. We'd be like sisters. Okay so we are sisters - kind of - but that's not the point. I  would love her so much, I knew it. 

What kind of person would I be if I hated my sister? Not a good one. That much was obvious. I heard the sound of dad's jeep outside. I jumped up and ran down the stairs swinging the door open just as dad got out of the car. 

She stepped out of the car, her light blonde hair swinging behind her as she pivoted on her foot. She had the same piercing blue eyes as dad. Exactly the same. I had to restrain myself so that I didn't pounce on her and engulf her into a bone-crushing hug. She walked around to the back of the car and lifted one of her bags, her face a blank mask. Her footsteps were barely audible in the summer day as she made her way towards me. Walking right past me without even a glance in my direction. I guess our relationship won't be super close right away. No fear though, it's just moving anxiety. She'll calm down and we can talk it over

I felt a kiss bless the temple of my head. Dad. Only he is quite soppy enough to always do that. I mean it. When I wake up to when I sleep; whenever he sees me, he'd make sure to "show some gratitude". His words, not mine.

"Don't worry about her," he gave a gentle smile, "She's just tired. Long days are heavy on little misses."

Instinctively, my head cocked to one side. "Long day..." the words drawled out, "You're probably right."

"When am I never right?" he teased, his hands reaching out to pull my cheeks. Oh to hell no. Not again.

 "Don't you mean: 'when am I ever, right'?" I duck, running my face into his side.

"Seline?" He  said, smoothing my ponytail. I looked up at him. His face was concerned and tired. I guesed that Amanda wasn't the only one feeling some nerves and I pulled away gently, waiting for what he had to say. "Don't smother her, okay? She might want some time on her own for a while. Okay?"

"Yeah," I said, trying to put myself in Amanda's shoes. I couldn't imagine losing my mum; she was the center of everything in our house. I couldn't imagine just how much Amanda might hate me, though I never did anything wrong. Not really.

"I kinda need my stuff in here, I thought you were going to help, Dad,Amanda called out. I watched her tap her foot in an antagonizing manner, her hip sticking out and eyes piercing through us. Dad gave me an apologetic smile, ruffling my hair.

Before he could take off, my hand shot out to stop him. "Let me help you with that" I said, pointing to her bag. Dad gave me a warning "take it easy glance", so I waited for Amanda to decide if she wanted my help before going over to get her bags.

Giving me a stiff nod, she turned the corner. Myself following closely behind her as I drag the bag up the stairs. Ecstatically, I beamed at her as we reached the room. "You'll love it!" I exclaimed more to reassure myself then her when the door creaked open. I watched her blank facial expression as she walked into the room. "American themed?" was all Amanda said after what seemed like hours.    

Well it's better than her saying nothing at all

 I nodded. "Yeah since, you know, you're from America. And I thought it would be nice as a memory from um, America." I smiled at her.