“Wow, that was long. No wonder he is so attached to them.”

“You have no idea. He was heartbroken at first, but it was his idea to move out and he is stubborn enough to stick with it. In the beginning he was visiting daily.”

“You didn't mind him being here with you? I mean didn't you want to have more privacy with your husband.”

“No he was no bother at all. And after all he was always locking himself in his room writing. Plus, don't tell him I told you this, but we felt safer knowing he was here with us, than alone in his house.”

“Is it dangerous for him being alone there? He seemed quite at ease with his surroundings there.”

“He is, but that doesn't mean that we are not worried about him. We love him something awful. So you have already gone to his house?” Nicky blushed at that revelation. She hadn't meant to say anything. Especially since she was trying to convince her that they were just friends. She didn't want to give her ideas.”

“Yea we ate together the other day. That's what friends do isn't it?”

“Of course it is.” Jane said not really believing it but not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. “Come. Help me start our meal because if you are expecting to eat what those three are going to conjure up, we will end up eating take out.”

“Hey don't mock our culinary skills. We are going to startle you with the result.” Mike said, alerting Nicky to the fact that he had probably heard all of their conversation. The thought made her feel uneasy and she started fidgeting. Jane saw that and tried to appease her and make her relax once more.

“For that I am sure. Last time I was so startled I nearly called the fire department to save my kitchen. Come dear, we will work over there but we both most keep an eye on them, they are utterly dangerous.” Jane said and took Nicky by the hand positioning her on the other side of the counter to work side by side with her.

“Oh come on, that was not entirely our fault was it girls?” Mike said smirking, seeming very satisfied of himself.

“No no, there was a big wind from the window that threw everything on the ground and then Lily saw a ghost entering that kitchen and making the fire under the pan even greater and throwing a towel on it too.” Rose explained in their defense and Mike's smirk grew wider.

“Ah, as you see dear Nicky I am living in a haunted house with winds and ghosts that start fires. Thank heavens I have you here to help me manage all the supernatural powers that ram through this place.” Jane exclaimed and Nicky had to stiffen her laugh so that she didn't encourage the craziness to continue.

They proceeded to prepare their food and at all times Nicky made sure to jump between Mike and the girls to help them so that they didn't ruin everything. And by everything she did mean everything. She was sure there were more than four occasions were a fire was seconds from lighting. Most of the times she had to stand in front of Mike to fix something that they had managed to ruin and all the times he had leaned towards her asking about the things that he had done wrong. His strong male scent enveloped her, along with his worm body that made her knees weaken. More than once she had lost her train of thought and once she had actually near started a fire herself. By the time they had the meal prepared the kitchen looked like a war zone, Nicky's emotions were in a total jumble and Mike and the twins were immensely satisfied with themselves.

“See momma we did made great cookies” Lily said escaping the kitchen with a hot cookie in her small hands as if it was some kind of trophy.

“Yes sweetie you did. So now we have a desert. Thank God we had Nicky here so that we can have a main course too, that is of course eaten before the desert, so no cookies for you yet young lady.” Jane said and in a swift move she took the cookie from her daughter. Lily instantly looked at her shocked.

“But momma that was my cookie.” She said in the throws of tears.

“And you are going to get it back as soon as you finish your meal. I don't want it to ruin your meal.” Jane explained.

“It won't momma, it won't.” Lily looked at her with begging eyes.

“Don't look at me like that young lady, you know that look is successful only with your father.” Lily looked at her skeptically and then run towards Mike.

“Uncle Mike, uncle Mike, can I have a small cookie please?”

“Of course you can princess. Come here I'll give you mine.” Mike laughed as Lily landed on his lap like an errant missile. At that point he had gone and sat on the couch in the living room. A few seconds later a new missile landed on his chest.

“Me too me too uncle Mike.” Rosy was hugging him now too.

“Mike not before they eat their meal.” Jane ordered.

“I'll divide one cookie for the three of us Jane. It won't be too much to ruin the appetite of any of us.” Mike replied while already giving his nieces half a cookie. They both sat on his lap leaning on him eating contently their cookie.

Jane huffed and turned to Nicky. “He is always spoiling them rotten. I am positive that his children will be the most spoiled children alive, and mine will end up being the second most spoiled.”

“Your daughters are adorable. It is kind of difficult to refuse them.”

“Come on not you too. They have both my husband and brother in law wrapped around their little finger. I really need an ally here. Would you leave your children do as they pleased and have their father support every crazy thing they wanted? Because trust me Mike will want to do exactly that with his children.” Jane said with irritation.

“No, I would punish him right along with the children. Each would be at his corner facing the wall for quiet some time until they realized the wrong of their ways. And I don't care that Mike can see either way, he would sit there until he showed repentance for his actions.” Nicky said full of certainty. She had spend a lot of time serving parents that had ill mannered children and always thought that they should be more severe with them so that the children developed a better character. Being spoiled to a fault could ruin a child's future. “Even if being hard with them would hurt me much more than it would them.” She added more silently as if talking to herself. Jane looked at her with a face of utter satisfaction and Nicky thought it was because she had found an ally, little did she know that it was because she hadn't revolted at the idea of her having children with Mike.

On the other side of the house, in the living room Mike was petting his nieces, seemingly occupied with them, but in truth he had his antennas open not missing a word of the conversation between his sister in law and his future girlfriend. She was going to be his girlfriend. And the fact that the idea of not only sleeping with him, but also producing offspring, didn't seem to be abhorrent to her, was reason enough for him to get up and dance in victory around the living room. He knew very well which his strong points were and which were his shortcomings, and being blind could be a serious deal breaker for most women. Thankfully, not Nicky.

She was one very desirable morsel he couldn't wait to devour. And today he had helped himself to some samples. While they were cooking, he had made sure to get as close to her as possible when she came to their rescue every time the screwed up at something. Her body was soft and when he “accidentally” pressed himself to her, he loved the way it molded to his. He couldn't wait till they were together and he could spoon her on his bed all night long. He wasn't a man that speeded into a relationship but Nicky made him wish he could snatch her up and make her his then and there. But he had already figured out that she wasn't the kind of girl to jump in a relationship with a total stranger. He had to make some swift moves that night for her to know as much as possible for him and he hoped the rest of the friends that would be there, would help his cause. He had to make her trust him. And he would never make her regret that decision, he promised himself. Jane sure had helped up till now. He had to remember to thank her afterwards.

========================================================================

I guess it is not so much...

i ll try for something more next time,,,

kisses

XXX