quatervois

can we please take a moment to appreciate the ethereal beauty that is zhou jieqiong 

quatervois (n.) a crossroads; a critical decision or turning point in one's life

They've abandoned their killer heels, running barefoot across the rough pavement as if their lives depended on it, and in a way perhaps their lives did depend on how fast they ran. He probably already dispatched a group of his minions off to bring them back and it was only a matter of time before they found them.

Chaeyeon was beginning to slow down, exhaustion and lack of proper nutrition finally taking its toll on her.

They had nowhere to go, no clue of where they even were, but Jieqiong knew they couldn't slow down: not if they wanted to live. She made sure Chaeyeon knew that as well, "Chae, we've got to keep moving. If they find us now, it would've all be for nothing." Somi's life would've been taken for nothing and that didn't sit well with her.

Grabbing onto the older's hand, Jieqiong hurriedly lead them down an alleyway, hoping they'd widen their lead by avoiding the main road.

But as they were consumed by darkness she wondered if perhaps the main road would've been the better choice. And Chaeyeon seemed to feel the same way, her grip on Jieqiong's hand growing tighter, lightly holding her back. A sole street lamp flickered behind them, serving as their only source of light. 

And you'd think with the horrors they've encountered, they'd be unbothered by a mere alley, but even the thought of having to endure the long walk in the darkness had them recoiling.

"Hey Chae... let's go a different—"

There's a hand on her mouth before she can continue. Turning around, Jieqiong's about to question Chaeyeon but the latter's eyes are directed elsewhere. By instinct, she follows her gaze; she soon wishes she hadn't.

Two large shadows cast onto the pavement before them, approaching the alley they were hidden in, their words just barely loud enough to make out. "They got lucky this time. I swear if I can get my hands on them—"

The low voice trailing off as said shadows were soon cast over the girls themselves, two intimidating— yet ridiculously handsome— guys standing before them. 

The four stared at each other in thick silence, no one moving, before one male finally took the lead and stepped forward, a frown tugging at his lips. "Um, are you two okay?"

The tall male had surely assessed their state by how, his dark eyes not failing to notice their bare feet and pale, tear streaked faces. Jieqiong can just barely make out the concern in his eyes but she can't quite find it in her to reply to the handsome male.

Jieqiong decides to return the favor, letting her own eyes take in their appearance, and she was sure Chaeyeon had done the same. They were dressed rather fancily, proper suit and tie hugging their towering forms. 

And though the other male was rather stoic compared to his companion, she can see the curiosity in his gaze as he eyed them (them being Chaeyeon). Considering how they (they being the one with the ashy blue hair) seemed to nervously squirm under her intense gaze, Jieqiong decided they were rather harmless—ignoring their height and the suspicious conversation they held prior. 

Jieqiong's quick to answer, nodding slightly, "We're fine, thank you—" 

But still, there's a lingering thought in the back of her head. They're dressed too well for a simple night out.