Chapter one

It was a cold night in December, not very uncommon during this month, Levi ironically was spending time with Erwin and Hanji, since he was getting close to his birthday they wanted to spend time with him. On his usually very short walk home, he had heard an odd whimpering sound coming from an alley, he really only thought it to be an animal seeking shelter in this cold winter, however something deep down told him to look, he gave a huge sigh before mumbling to him, "god damnit.." he goes down the dark alley, only to be met with the turquoise/hazel mixed eyes of a small boy. 

The small boy could not be any older than 3, looked up at the man before shrinking back in fear, Levi crouched down to the boy's level and called him over softly, "come here little brat, I won't hurt you."  The small boy comes closer to Levi and gently takes his hand, before mumbling his name softly, this caught Levi off guard and he tilted his head, "Can you repeat that for me?", the small child just nodded and simply said, "I'm Eren." Levi nodded just as softly, if not more and picked up the child, which was odd since he usually never touched anything that was dirty, after telling the boy his name and telling him that he was going to help him until they could find his family, he brought him back to his small apartment. Once they were there, he gave Eren a bath and food and then laid the child to sleep, only to quickly call Erwin and Hanji for help, as he was unsure how to handle the situation.

Once they both had arrived with clothes for the toddler, they began to work a plan out for the child. Erwin looked at Levi with a confused glance, "What are you going to do? I mean, he was just some little boy you had found left outside." Hanji had expressed just as confused look as Erwin did, and Levi sat in his recliner and let out a giant sigh, "I don't know entirely, I just felt the need to help the child." After a few more hours of brainstorming, they all had come up with a plan and were going to execute it the next morning, once everyone was more awake and alert, including the small toddler sleeping in the bed.

The next morning rolled around, and Levi had fed Eren breakfast, and got him dressed in the clothes that Erwin and Hanji had bought for him. Levi was sitting across from Eren at the table and had looked at him, "Listen brat, we're going to go and make sure that your family is not out looking for you, and if they aren't, it looks like you're stuck with me." Eren looked up at him, "Okay Evi!" he had a hard time saying Levi's name, and once Levi was done drinking his tea, he had gotten himself and Eren ready and they headed out on their journey. 

A/N: I'm gonna end this here I think, if I think of anything else I'll add it. But expect more changes to occur to this story :)